This homemade granola recipe is made with oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, coconut oil, honey, and natural peanut butter.
this recipe is quick and easy to make, it's healthy and delicious.
Tired of buying expensive bags of granola at the grocery store? Learn how to make this homemade ultra crunchy, vegan, gluten-free granola on your own!
Many grocery store-bought granolas have tons of sugar in them, in this homemade granola recipe you know every single item that you eat.
Here’s our video for how to make homemade granola:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
what you’ll need for this recipe:
rolled oats- also known as old fashion oats, keep their shape during baking. Make sure your use gluten-free oats if you need gluten-free granola.
Coconut oil- or your preferred kind of oil.
Honey- we used honey as a sweetener, you can use maple syrup as well.
Nuts- we like to use sliced almonds,
Coconut chips- optional, if you don’t like coconut, skip this step.
Seeds- we like to use pumpkin seeds and flax seeds. You can add any kind of your favorite seeds like chia seeds, hemp seeds, etc.
Spices- for spices we used cinnamon and salt.
how to make it:
1. Preheat an oven to 170c (340f) and prepare a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
2. In a big bowl add in the rolled oats, almond slices, coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, a pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
3. In a medium-sized pan, melt on medium heat the coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter. Mix well until you get a smooth consistency.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well until combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread the mixture evenly.
6. Bake at 170c (340f) for 25 minutes. Stir every 8-10 minutes.
7. Add the dried fruit, we used dried cranberries. Mix well and let the mixture cool for 20-30 minutes or until the granola is completely cool.
8. Serve with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit/ as a cereal with your favorite milk.
9. Transfer the rest into an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
how long does homemade granola last?
Homemade granola needs to be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature.
How to serve homemade granola?
There are a few ways to serve homemade granola.
With Greek yogurt- serve a few tablespoons of the granola next to your favorite Greek yogurt, add fresh fruit and honey or peanut butter, and enjoy as a breakfast or a snack.
Serve as a cereal with milk- another way to enjoy granola is with your favorite milk, add the granola into a bowl and pour milk just like you eat your favorite cereal.
Eat it as is- a lot of people enjoy eating granola as is. Granola can be a super healthy snack that keeps you full for a while.
let it cool before eating- your homemade granola becomes more crispy when cooled.