This 3 ingredients naan flatbread recipe is the easiest and fastest way to make naan bread. It is made with no yeast, no stand mixer, and no rising time! This recipe takes only 3 ingredients.
This easy and fast naan bread is a great addition to serve next to your favorite soup or curry. The ingredients are so basic and simple, you can never go wrong with them.
Even though this recipe doesn’t have any yeast, and takes no time to make, it still tastes incredible.
Watch our video for how to make 3 ingredients naan bread:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
what you will need for this recipe:
Flour– for this recipe we used all-purpose flour, bread flour will work great as well.
Yogurt– the second ingredient for this recipe is yogurt. Any kind of unsweetened yogurt will work great. We used basic Greek yogurt.
Baking powder– to help the flatbread rise, we used baking powder.
Salt– adding salt is optional, but we definitely suggest adding salt for this recipe. We used kosher salt.
Melted butter– brushing the naan bread with melted butter is another suggestion that is optional.
Parsley– we like to top the naan bread with fresh parsley, this step is optional.
How to make 3 ingredients naan flatbread?
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, the yogurt, and the baking soda.
2. Add the salt (optional) and mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead the dough until soft and elastic.
4. Roll the dough and divide it into 5 equal pieces.
5. Shape each dough piece into a ball.
6. Use flour to prevent the dough from sticking and roll each dough piece into a flat ellipse.
7. Heat up a pan to medium-high heat for 3 minutes. When hot, place the dough and let it cook for each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until the dough gets dark brown spots and bubbles form.
8. Serve hot with melted butter and parsley on top. Serve as a side dish next to a soup or curry.
More bread recipes:
- Pita bread – Pita bread is one of our favorite bread to bake, making your own homemade pita bread is easy, inexpensive, simple, and delicious.
- Dinner rolls – Soft, airy, and fluffy dinner rolls are impossible to resist.
With only a few ingredients, you can achieve the most perfect no-fail addition to any main dish.
How to serve this quick naan flatbread?
There are many options to enjoy naan flatbread. Some people like to serve it as is with homemade curry, some like to enjoy it as a wrap, some like to enjoy it as a sandwich with salads, eggs, kebabs, or even chocolate spread!
as a sandwich wrap, or quick pizza base, or naan alternative.
Can I use a stand mixer for this recipe?
Yes, place the ingredients in the stand mixer and mix on low speed for 1 minute, then increase the speed to high and mix for another 3-5 minutes.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, replace the Greek yogurt with vegan Greek yogurt, this recipe will work great as vegan as well.
How many naan flatbreads does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 5 flatbreads, depends on the size. You can make them smaller or bigger.
Can I freeze the naan flatbread?
Yes, after cooking the naan flatbread, let them cool completely and freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to use, defrost at room temperature for 30 minutes and reheat in a toaster oven for 2-3 minutes.
Can I make the naan flatbread in the oven?
yes. Preheat an oven to 250c (480f) and cook each flatbread for 4-5 minutes. Flip if needed.