These cabbage steaks are roasted to perfection, extremely easy, and absolutely delicious.
Made with only a few ingredients, this recipe makes an awesome vegan side dish or a healthy snack! Garlic roasted cabbage is our new favorite side dish to serve. This recipe makes it easy to get more vegetables into your family’s diet.
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
cabbage- we like to use medium-sized cabbage for this recipe, we find it easier to work with.
Olive oil- we use extra virgin olive oil for this recipe, but you can use vegetable oil or canola oil.
Kosher salt- you can use sea salt or any of your favorite salt to use.
Garlic powder- gives the cabbage a delicious garlicky flavor.
Paprika- you can use any kind of your favorite paprika to use.
Chili flakes- gives the cabbage a great flavor.
One of our favorite thing about this recipe, except its absolutely delicious, is that you can find most of these ingredients in your kitchen, this recipe doesn’t take a lot, it's very quick, It's vegan and healthy.
This recipe takes only a few minutes to prep and a great solution to eating healthily while busy.
1. With a sharp knife, cut the stems off the cabbage and cut each piece into 1 inch thick rounds.
2. Place the cabbage pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Brush each cabbage piece with a generous amount of olive oil.
4. Sprinkle an even amount of salt, garlic powder, paprika, and chili flakes on top.
5. Flip the cabbage pieces over and repeat with the same steps (olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and chili flakes)
6. Bake the cabbage steaks for 20 minutes at 230c (450f), flip them, and bake for another 20 minutes until they have a golden brown color and tender from the inside.
7. Serve when hot and enjoy!
There are a few options to serve the cabbage steaks. -you can serve them as is and enjoy it as a healthy snack.
-you can serve them as a side dish with a protein, like tofu or chicken.
Any cabbage will work, but our favorite cabbage to use for this recipe is green cabbage.
Cabbage steaks are very good for you, cabbage is known to have a lot of healthy benefits: it's packed with nutrients, it has vitamin c, improves digestion, lowers blood pressure, help low cholesterol levels, vitamin k, boosts your immunity system, etc.
Yes, cabbage steaks are known to be low in calories and low on carbs.
The cabbage steaks can last for up to one week in an airtight container stored in a refrigerator.
We like to reheat the cabbage steaks in a 180f (350f) preheated oven for 5 minutes. You can use a microwave to reheat it as well.
Yes, you can freeze the cabbage steaks for up to 3 months in an airtight freezer-friendly container.
Yes, you can make the roasted cabbage in a grill, follow the same steps to prepare the cabbage steaks, brush your grill with a bit of olive oil and grill them in a high heat temperature (200c/400f) for about 5 minutes on each side.