These easy almond biscotti are crunchy, full of almond flavor and toasted almonds, lightly sweet, and taste amazing next to a cup of hot coffee or tea!
Watch our video for how to make almond biscotti:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
What are biscotti?
Biscotti are crispy twice-baked Italian cookies. They are also known as cantucci that originated in Tuscany in Italy. Biscotti are oblong-shaped and are usually served with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
These almond biscotti are:
- Extremely easy to make.
- Perfect next to hot coffee or tea.
- Easily satisfies your cookie craving.
- Made with simple ingredients.
- Loaded with almonds and almond flavor.
Almond biscotti ingredients:
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Flour– we used all-purpose flour for this recipe. cake flour will work great as well.
Lemon zest- for extra flavor. You will need the lemon zest from 1/2 a lemon.
Cinnamon- we love adding cinnamon to desserts, it adds so much flavor that we love.
Baking powder– to allow the biscotti to rise. Make sure that your baking powder isn’t expired.
Baking soda – baking soda helps the biscotti rise and spread. Make sure that your baking soda isn’t expired.
Sugar- we used granulated sugar for this recipe. You can use caster sugar as well.
Eggs- you will need 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks for this recipe. Make sure that your eggs are at room temperature.
Vanilla extract- adds extra flavor.
Kosher salt- you will need about 1/2 tsp of kosher salt for this recipe.
Almonds– use any type of almonds that you like the most, you can use raw almonds, salted almonds, etc. We highly recommend toasting your almonds for a delicious nutty almond flavor.
Almond extract- for extra flavor.
How to make almond biscotti:
Preheat your oven to 180c (350f) and place your almonds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place the almonds in the oven and stir every few minutes for the almonds to toast evenly. Bake the almonds for about 10 minutes in total.
Into a large-sized mixing bowl, add the eggs, egg yolks, almond extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Mix with an electric hand mixer until combined and fluffy.
Add the sugar, and mix until the mixture is light in color.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
Add the almonds and fold them into the dough with a spatula. Don’t overmix the dough.
Split the dough in half, sprinkle flour to prevent the dough from sticking, and shape the dough into two logs, placing it on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. (as seen in the video)
Remove the extra flour by brushing the loaves with a brush. Brush each loave with cream or milk for a nice golden top.
Bake the biscotti in a 180c (350f) preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes or until the loaves are cool to the touch.
Cut the biscotti using a serrated knife into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place the slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (use the same one) and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until crunchy.
Let the biscotti cool completely and serve as is or drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve next to a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Tips for this almond biscotti recipe:
- Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs and butter. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven.
- Measure your flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a measuring cup. Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your measuring cup. Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
- When cutting the biscotti, use a serrated knife.
- Toast your almonds! Toasting your almonds is an optional step, but we highly recommend doing so. Toasting the almonds releases the delicious flavors in the almonds.
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat! This step helps the cookies to bake evenly, and it makes sure that your cookies release easily from the pan.
- Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Almond biscotti frequently asked questions:
How to toast your almonds?
We highly recommend toasting your almonds for a delicious nutty almond flavor. Preheat your oven to 180c (350f) and place your almonds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place the almonds in the oven and stir every few minutes for the almonds to toast evenly. Bake the almonds for about 10 minutes in total.
What flour do you use for these almond biscotti?
We use all-purpose flour for these cookies. Cake flour will work great as well.
How long will these almond biscotti last?
These cookies will last for up to 7 days stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
How to store these almond biscotti?
It’s okay to store these cookies at room temperature. Make sure that you store them in an airtight container.
More cookie recipes to try:
Chewy chocolate chip cookies- These chewy chocolate chip cookies are the best cookies we’ve ever had! These chewy chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips.
Pumpkin snickerdoodles- These pumpkin snickerdoodles are chewy and soft with crispy edges, filled with fall spices and pumpkin, and coated with cinnamon sugar. These are the perfect cookies for fall time!
No-bake cookies- These no-bake cookies are probably the easiest cookies to make, they are made with the best chocolate and peanut butter combo, and have the most amazing chewy and fudgy texture.
Chocolate crinkle cookies- Chocolate crinkle cookies are soft and fudgy chocolate cookies covered with crispy powder sugar outer layer.
If you tried this almond biscotti recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this almond biscotti recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!