These fudgy oreo brownies are loaded with oreo pieces and chocolate chunks, have a crinkly top, taste a million times better than boxed brownies, and take under an hour to make.
These fudgy oreo brownies are inspired by our favorite fudgy brownies recipe. These brownies are fudgy, rich in chocolate flavor, have a crinkly top, and are gooey on the inside.
Watch our video for how to make fudgy brownies:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Fudgy brownies ingredients:
Flour– we used all-purpose flour for this recipe, self-rising flour, and cake flour will work great as well.
Dutch cocoa powder– we like to use Dutch-process cocoa powder for our brownies because we like the deep and rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work great as well!
Granulated sugar– we like to use granulated sugar, also the most common sugar used in baking. Caster sugar will work great as well.
Eggs– To give the brownies a good structure. Make sure you’re using room-temperature eggs. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven. You will need 3 large eggs.
Vanilla extract– Vanilla extract Is an essential ingredient for brownies.
Salt– We used kosher salt for this recipe. Salt doesn’t give the brownies a salty taste, it helps to enhance the chocolate flavor.
Dark chocolate- use the best quality dark chocolate for the best flavor. You will need the dark chocolate for the brownie batter, and for the add-ins.
Butter- use refrigerated unsalted butter.
Oreo cookies- we used Oreo cookies for this cake because we like the chocolaty taste of Oreo cookies, but you can use any kind of chocolate sandwich cookies. Use the regular Oreos for this recipe and not the double stuffed ones.
These oreo brownies are:
- Extremely easy to make.
- Extra chocolaty brownies that stay fresh for days!
- Made with simple ingredients.
- Perfect to make when you need a dessert to impress.
- Made in under an hour from start to finish.
- The perfect dessert for any occasion.
How to make oreo brownies:
Preheat an oven to 180c (350f) and prep a parchment paper-lined 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
In a small mixing bowl, add the butter and the dark chocolate. Melt completely in the microwave or on a ben Marie. Let the chocolate mixture to cool completely.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the sugar, eggs, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir with a whisk until the mixture is combined.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
Sift the cocoa powder and flour into the mixture and lightly fold the dry ingredients into the wet batter. Don’t overmix! You don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have fudgy and moist brownies and not dense and dry brownies.
Chop the dark chocolate into small to medium chunks and break oreo cookies into medium-sized pieces with your hands. Add the chocolate chunks and oreo chunks into the brownie batter and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined baking pan and top the brownies with more oreo chunks. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the tops of the brownies are crinkly. Make sure you line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies to stick to the pan.
Let the brownies cool to room temperature and enjoy! I know it’s extremely tempting to eat these brownies as they are pulled out of the oven, but let these brownies cool for at least 20 minutes so they will be more firm and won’t crumble up. These brownies are extra moist, fudgy, and melt in your mouth delicious, so it will be worth it to wait these 20 minutes.
Oreo brownies frequently asked questions:
What flour do you use for oreo brownies?
We use all-purpose flour for brownies, cake flour will work great as well.
Can I use natural cocoa powder for these oreo brownies?
We like to use Dutch prosses cocoa powder because it gives the cake a deeper rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work! It’s just a personal preference.
What is the best way to serve oreo brownies?
The best way to serve brownies is with a cold cup of milk. another way we like to serve brownies is with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and powder sugar on top. Another way to serve brownies is next to fresh fruit with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
How long will the oreo brownies last?
These fudgy oreo brownies will last up to 5 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge, or for up to 3 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Cover the brownies with plastic wrap or foil to prevent them from drying out. These brownies taste amazing the day after.
Can I freeze oreo brownies?
Yes! to freeze brownies, you will need to wrap the brownies in plastic wrap or foil, sealed in an airtight container or in an airtight resealable bag. You can freeze brownies for up to 2 months.
Tips to perfect this oreo brownies recipe:
- Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs and milk. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven.
- Don’t overmix the batter, you don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have fudgy and moist brownies and not dense and dry brownies.
- Mesure you flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a measuring cup. Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your measuring cup. Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
- Add some of your favorite add-ins! Make this recipe your own and add your favorite muffins add-ins: chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, chocolate chunks, M&M, caramel sauce, white chocolate, kinder, toffee, and more! Be creative!
- Be patient! I know it’s extremely tempting to eat these brownies as they are pulled out of the oven, but let these brownies cool for at least 20 minutes so they will be more firm and won’t crumble up. These brownies are extra moist, fudgy, and melt in your mouth delicious, so it will be worth it to wait these 20 minutes.
- Don’t overbake your brownies! to have super fudgy brownies, we like to underbake the brownies a little bit.
- Make sure you line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies to stick to the pan.
More chocolate recipes you may like:
Fudgy brownies- This is the only fudgy brownies recipe that you will need. I’ve tested so many brownies recipes, and this is the best one so far, you will not be disappointed.
Chocolate cake- This is the best ever chocolate cake ever. I’ve been searching for the best one bowl chocolate cake recipe for so long and found it and can’t wait to share it with you!
Chocolate cupcakes- These chocolate cupcakes are moist, fluffy, full of rich chocolate flavor, and come together in one bowl. These chocolate cupcakes taste amazing with our chocolate cream cheese frosting and our chocolate buttercream frosting.
Chocolate babka- This recipe is made by making a decedent brioche-like bread and filling it with rich chocolate filling made with dark chocolate, butter, powder sugar, and cocoa powder, topped with a simple sugar syrup that brings all the flavors together.
If you tried this oreo brownies recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this oreo brownies recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!