This no-bake pumpkin cheesecake is creamy and velvety smooth that is made with a simple cinnamony graham cracker crust and topped with light and fluffy pumpkin cheesecake filling. This cheesecake is filled with the most delicious fall spices and is the perfect fall-themed dessert.
One of our favorite things about this recipe is that you don’t have to turn your oven on! This easy pumpkin cheesecake is every pumpkin spice lover’s dream. Who doesn’t like no-bake desserts? We sure do, so check out our no-bake desserts here.
If you like cheesecake recipes as we do, you should check out our classic cheesecake, no-bake Nutella cheesecake, no-bake Oreo cheesecake, no-bake biscoff cheesecake, and our no-bake mango cheesecake.
Watch our video for how to make no-bake pumpkin cheesecake:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Pumpkin cheesecake ingredients:
For the crust:
We make a simple 4 ingredient graham cracker crust. you will need:
Graham crackers- you will need about 1 ½ cup of graham crackers. If you don’t have graham crackers, you can use tea biscuits, vanilla wafers, and digestive biscuits.
Brown sugar- the sugar will add sweetness to the crust.
Cinnamon- adds a delicious cinnamon flavor.
Melted butter– melt the butter in the microwave on 30 seconds pulses, to make sure that the butter doesn’t boil up and explodes in the microwave (been there done that), or melt it on the stovetop.
For the cheesecake filling:
Cream cheese- use full-fat cream cheese, and make sure that it’s at room temperature.
Pumpkin puree- we like making our own pumpkin puree from fresh pumpkins. You can use either canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree, make sure that you strain the extra liquids from your fresh pumpkins. You will need 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
Heavy whipping cream- make use that your heavy whipping cream is cold from the fridge, that way it will whip faster.
Powder sugar- use powder sugar for this recipe.
Cinnamon- we love adding cinnamon to pumpkin-flavored desserts, it adds so much flavor that compliments the pumpkin flavor.
Ginger- use ground ginger for this recipe. You can add any of your favorite fall spices like cloves, allspice, and pumpkin spice.
Nutmeg- use either ground nutmeg or fresh nutmeg in this recipe.
Vanilla extract- for extra flavor.
Gelatin powder- we use gelatin powder to stabilize the cake. You will need 10 grams of gelatin powder.
Cold water- we mix the gelatin powder with cold water in order to activate the gelatin. You will need 40 grams of cold water.
Fresh pumpkin or canned pumpkin in pumpkin cheesecake?
We like making our pumpkin cheesecake with fresh pumpkin puree, but this is a personal preference. However, canned pumpkin puree will give you pretty much the same result. Make sure that you squeeze out any excess liquid from your pumpkin puree, you can do so with paper towels or by hand.
Why this recipe is a success:
- There is no baking involved.
- Made with super simple ingredients.
- Everyone’s favorite pumpkin dessert.
- Topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with more cinnamon on top!
- Comes together in under 30 minutes.
How to make no bake pumpkin cheesecake:
Start by making the crust: pulse graham crackers or digestive biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
Into a small mixing bowl, add the crumbs, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and mix with a spoon. Add the melted butter and mix until combined.
Transfer the crumbs into a prepared 8-inch cake pan, pressing evenly and firmly into the pan.
Meanwhile, into a small bowl, add the gelatin powder and water and let it soak for 10 minutes.
In a big mixing bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese and mix with an electric hand mixer until the cream cheese is creamy.
Add the pumpkin puree, powder sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla extract, pinch of salt, and whip it until the mixture is well combined.
In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and whip with an electric hand mixer until medium to stiff peaks form.
Lightly fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until the mixture is well combined and creamy.
Melt the firmed gelatin in the microwave for 10 seconds and add it to the mixture.
Pour the creamy mixture into the pan and smooth out the tops. Place the pan in the fridge to firm up for at least 5 hours.
Release the cheesecake from the pan and top the cheesecake with dollops of whipped cream around the edges of the cake, then top the whipped cream dollops with cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
Frequently asked questions:
How to cut a pumpkin cheesecake?
Cutting cheesecake, the right way is very important. To get even and clean cheesecake slices, make sure that you are using a serrated knife. Our favorite way to cut cheesecake and cakes is by dipping a long knife into hot water, once the knife warms up, wipe off the excess water, and slice the cake. Dip and wipe the knife between every slice.
How long will this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake last?
This cake will last for up to 4 days stored in the fridge in an airtight container, or in the freezer for up to a month stored in an airtight freezer-friendly container.
Can I skip the gelatin in this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake?
We use gelatin to stabilize this cake, but it’s not a must. We don’t use a lot of gelatin to stabilize the cheesecake, so you don’t have to worry about it becoming a weird jelly-o texture. If you don’t want to use gelatin, keep in mind that the cake will be more on the loose side. If you don’t want to use gelatin in the cake, we suggest freezing the cake, let the cake defrost for 1-2 hours in the fridge before serving.
How to decorate pumpkin cheesecake?
We like to decorate this cheesecake by piping dollops of whipped cream around the edges of the cake and top each whipped cream dollop with cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
Tips for no-bake pumpkin cheesecake:
- Make sure that you are using room-temperature cream cheese in this recipe, this step makes it easier to mix the cream cheese with no unnecessary lumps, we don’t want that.
- Use a springform tin. We use springform tins for all of our cheesecake recipes. This makes sure that your cake will be easy to release from the pan.
- Use high-fat cream cheese or the well-known Philadelphia cream cheese. Using full-fat cream cheese ensures you that your cheesecake will be stable and will not crack.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl frequently to ensure that you have a homogeneous mixture that has no cream cheese lumps.
- To get even and clean cheesecake slices, make sure that you are using a serrated knife. Our favorite way to cut cheesecake and cakes is by dipping a long knife into hot water, once the knife warms up, wipe off the excess water, and slice the cake. Dip and wipe the knife between every slice.
- Let your cheesecake set in the fridge for at least 8 hours. We know it’s very hard to resist eating this delicious pumpkin cheesecake right away, but you have to let the cheesecake stabilize in the pan. We like to let the cheesecake sit in the fridge overnight.
- If your cheesecake isn’t firm enough, place it in the freezer for an hour before serving it.
- Your heavy whipping cream needs to be cold. Cold whipping cream whips quicker and better than room temperature heavy whipping cream. If you can, refrigerate your bowl and the heavy whipping cream in the fridge before whipping.
More cheesecake recipes to try:
Nutella cheesecake- This no-bake Nutella cheesecake is rich in Nutella flavor, creamy silky smooth with a texture that is melt in your mouth delicious. This no-bake Nutella cheesecake is extremely easy to make and requires simple ingredients.
Mango cheesecake– This no-bake mango cheesecake is made with an easy graham cracker crust, topped with a creamy, lightly sweet, and slightly tangy mango cheesecake filling, topped with a mango jelly that makes this cake not only impressive but delicious.
Oreo cheesecake– This no-bake Oreo cheesecake is made with an Oreo crust, topped with creamy Oreo cheesecake filling, and topped with whipped cream dollops and more Oreos!
Biscoff cheesecake- This no-bake Biscoff cheesecake is made with biscoff cookie crust, topped with creamy biscoff cheesecake filling, topped with melted biscoff spread, and sprinkled with biscoff cookie crumbs.
Classic cheesecake- This classic cheesecake is perfect, New York-style, smooth, extra creamy, bakes with no water bath with no cracks! We found the perfect classic cheesecake recipe that you will keep in your recipe book for life. Keep reading for our tips and tricks for how to get a perfect classic cheesecake.
If you tried this pumpkin cheesecake recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this pumpkin cheesecake recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
- Cheesecake filling: