Pasta Chips are the latest Tiktok trend. Pasta chips are made with cooked pasta tossed in parmesan cheese, olive oil, Italian spices, baked or air fried until crispy, and dipped in marinara sauce.
What are pasta chips?
Pasta Chips are the latest trend on Tiktok, they are, made deep-fried, baked in the oven, or cooked in the air fryer. Pasta chips are golden brown chips that you make by tossing cooked pasta, cheese, and spices together. You can change the spices and the cheeses to whatever flavors you like best.
watch our video for how to make pasta chips:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
What you will need for this recipe:
Cooked pasta- use any kind of your favorite pasta, we used Farfalle pasta. Cook the pasta to al dente.
Parmesan cheese- use grated parmesan cheese for this recipe.
Garlic powder- for flavor.
Salt and pepper- to your taste.
Oregano- we used dried oregano for this recipe.
Olive oil- use extra virgin olive oil.
Tools in this video:
Mixing bowls- our favorite pyrex mixing bowls.
How to make pasta chips in the oven:
1. Preheat the oven to 180c (350f) and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cook the pasta to al dente in salted water.
3. Toss the cooked pasta in a big mixing bowl and add the parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper, olive oil, and mix with a spoon until combined.
4. Spread the pasta on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the pasta chips are golden brown and crispy.
5. Serve the pasta chips with your favorite sauce, we used the marinara sauce.
How to make pasta chips in the air fryer:
If you’re making pasta chips in the air fryer, it will be quicker. Make the pasta chips mixture as written in the instructions, then transfer the pasta into an air fryer, and cook it for 8-10 minutes at 200c (400f) or until golden brown and crispy.
Tips to perfect this recipe:
- Make the pasta in salted water. this will make sure that the pasta flavor isn’t flat. add a generous amount of salt to the boiling water.
- Cook the pasta to al dente. to stop the pasta from turning soggy from the juices, cook the pasta to al dente. this step will keep your pasta salad fresh and delicious.
Can I use whole grain pasta for this recipe?
Yes! You can use any kind of your favorite pasta kinds and pasta shapes., like chickpea pasta, brown rice pasta, spinach pasta, quinoa pasta, etc.
Can I make pasta chips without parmesan?
Yes! If you don’t like parmesan, simply skip it. You can add more spices to your liking and make the pasta chips your own.
More pasta recipes:
Easy Greek Pasta Salad- This creamy Greek pasta salad is out of this world. This Greek pasta salad is perfect for any occasion, make with cooked pasta, fresh veggies, olives, and homemade Mediterranean Greek pasta salad dressing.
Spinach Pasta Salad- This Spinach Pasta Salad is made with fresh spinach, feta, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and freshly made pasta combined together with a simple homemade salad dressing that makes the perfect refreshing and filling summery pasta salad.
Baked Feta Pasta- This baked feta pasta is incredibly delicious and easy to make. This pasta dish went viral in Finland, and because of this recipe, the grocery stores in Finland ran out of feta cheese.
Baked Goat Cheese Pasta- This baked goat cheese pasta is our spin on the viral “baked feta pasta” that went viral in Finland, and made the grocery stores in Finland ran out of feta cheese.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this pasta chips recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
- Instructions: Make the pasta chips in the oven:
- Make the pasta chips in the air fryer: