This crispy from the outside and creamy from the inside roasted smashed potatoes become our family favorite potato side dish ever!These smashed potatoes are a must-try, made with only 5 ingredients that can be found in any kitchen! These are going to change your potato game entirely. these smashed potatoes are great baby potato recipes for dinner. they disappear so fast so you’ll have to keep an eye on these!
Smashed potatoes are small potatoes that been simmered until soft inside, then smashed with a cup or a potato masher, then, drizzled with the butter, rosemary, and garlic butter and cooked until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve them as a side dish next to your favorite protein.
After you will try these, they easily will become you and your family's favorite potato side dish.
Small/ medium potatoes- for this recipe, we like to use mini Yukon Gold potato, but any potato kind will work great for this recipe.
Butter- we find the potatoes taste the best with butter. If you don’t want to use butter, replace it with olive oil for a healthier version.
Fresh garlic- we like to use fresh garlic for this recipe.
Rosemary- rosemary gives the buttery mixture a delicious taste and aroma.
Spices- we used salt and pepper for this recipe.
1.bring a pot of water to a boil, and add a tbsp of salt.
2. add the potatoes into the boiling water and cook for about 30 minutes until tender.
3. Drain the water and dry the potatoes. Preheat an oven to 230c (450f).
4. in a pan, melt the butter and add in the rosemary and garlic, fry until the butter gets a brown color, then remove from the heat.
5. on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, smash each potato with a cup or a potato smasher gently.
6. sprinkle the potatoes with salt and black pepper, and brush them with the butter mixture.
7. bake the potatoes at 230c (450f) for 25-30 minutes. Flip the potatoes and sprinkle salt and pepper on top, then brush the potatoes with the butter mixture. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. butter the potatoes with the rest of the mixture and cool for 2 minutes. Serve as a side dish.
These smashed potatoes last up to 5 days in an airtight container placed in the fridge.
Yes, you can boil the potatoes and place them in the fridge, then when ready to bake, follow the same steps of making the butter mixture and baking them.
Bake these smashed potatoes at 230c (450f) for 25 minutes, flip them, and cook for another 15 minutes.
Yes, you can freeze these smashed potatoes after they cooled completely. Place them in an airtight freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months.
The best way to serve these smashed potatoes is as a side dish next to your favorite protein. You can also serve it as a snack and eat it with sour cream. serve these smashed potatoes with cheese.
Use small potatoes-
Choose smaller potatoes rather than large, these guaranteed you to have a crispy exterior. Any potatoes will work for this recipe though.
Make them vegan-
Instead of using dairy butter, you can replace the butter with vegan butter or extra virgin olive oil!
Use a large baking sheet-
To get the perfect crispy from the outside and creamy from the inside, we suggest you use a large baking sheet that keeps the potatoes apart from each other and let each one cook perfectly.