Strawberry turnovers are very easy to make, made with a store-bought puff pastry and homemade strawberry filling, served with vanilla ice cream. We love turnover recipes, check out our apple turnover recipe.
This is the perfect dessert or breakfast for a strawberry lover.
we made this recipe as the strawberry version of Lara jean’s cherry turnovers she made on “to all the boys I loved before” on Netflix.
Watch our video for how to make strawberry turnovers:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
What you’ll need for this recipe:
Frozen puff pastry– we use store-bought frozen puff pastry, we find it the easiest and fastest to work with. If you want to use a homemade puff pastry, that will work great as well.
Granulated sugar– we find that granulated sugar works best in this recipe. Caster sugar can work as well.
Butter– use any type of butter you’d like. (vegan/ vegetarian)
Lemon– helps to balance the sweet flavor.
Egg– for the egg wash
For the glaze: Powder sugar and Water/ lemon juice.
Powder sugar– for serving.
Vanilla ice cream– serve the strawberry turnovers with vanilla ice cream.
How to make strawberry turnovers:
1. Preheat an oven to 200c (400f), and remove the puff pastry from the freezer.
2. Cut the strawberries into small cubes.
3. Make the strawberry filling: In a small-medium pot add the strawberries and sugar.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes on low-medium heat. Add lemon juice and mix.
5. Let the mixture cool for 15 minutes.
6. Use a rolling pin to roll the puff pastry and cut it into 8 even pieces.
7. Place 2 tbsp of the mixture on top of the puff pastry, cover it with another puff pastry square, and seal the edges with a fork.
8. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet keeping them about 1 inch apart.
9. Mix 1 egg with a tbsp of water, then brush it on top of the turnover. Bake at 200c (400f) for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
10. Make the frosting: mix together powder sugar, and water until you get a smooth consistency.
11. While the turnovers are warm, drizzle the glaze we made on top.
How to serve strawberry turnovers?
Our favorite way to serve strawberry turnovers is with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How long will the turnovers last?
The strawberry turnover will last for 3-5 days stored in the fridge placed in an airtight container, or in the freezer placed in an airtight freezer-friendly container up to 2 months.
Can I freeze the strawberry turnovers?
Yes, after baking the turnovers, let them cool completely, then place the sealed turnovers in an airtight freezer-friendly container/ in a Ziploc bag. Freeze up to 2 months.
When ready to use, take them out of the freezer and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, preheat at a preheated oven at 180c (350f) for 10 minutes, serve with vanilla ice cream.
What is turnover?
A turnover is a type of pastry made by placing a savory or sweet filling on a piece of dough, folding the dough over, sealing, and baking it. Turnovers are often eaten for breakfast.
More desserts recipes from our kitchen:
Apple turnovers– These apple turnovers are so easy to make, and taste absolutely incredible. Made with a delicious apple filling and wrapped with flaky puff pastry.
The best vegan chocolate cake – a quick and easy recipe anyone can make. Really simple, yet very delicious!
cinnamon rolls recipe– These are the most delicious homemade cinnamon rolls. Filled with buttery cinnamon flavor, topped with creamy cream cheese frosting. It easy to make and taste incredible.
Homemade Pumpkin Bread– Our homemade pumpkin bread, made with fresh pumpkin, and fall spices gets you a moist and soft melt in your mouth pumpkin bread.
Super moist chocolate cake for beginners– This is the easiest chocolate cake recipe ever. It’s extremely moist, topped with a 2 ingredients chocolate ganache, this cake is simple, perfectly moist, and tastes incredible.