This moist and fluffy chocolate cake is made with no oven, no butter, no milk, no baking pan, and no chocolate!
Our favorite part of this recipe is that you can find most of the ingredients in your kitchen, we use very basic ingredients so everyone can make this cake.
Here’s our video for how to make this chocolate cake:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
what you’ll need for this recipe?
Flour– we used all-purpose flour for this recipe, self-rising flour, and cake flour will work great as well.
Dutch cocoa powder– we like to use Dutch-process cocoa powder for our chocolate cake because we like the deep and rich chocolate taste, but and cocoa powder will work!
Baking powder and baking soda – to help the cake rise.
Granulated sugar– we like to use granulated sugar, also it the most common sugar used in baking. Caster sugar will work great as well.
Canola oil – we used canola oil for this recipe. Vegetable oil and olive oil will work great for this recipe.
Eggs and water– give the cake the best texture.
How to make no oven chocolate cake:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour and Dutch cocoa powder.
2. Then, add in the rest of the dry ingredients: sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs, canola oil, and water and mix well.
4. In a big bowl, add in the dry mixture and the wet mixture and mix well until you get a smooth consistency.
5. Add in the warm water and keep mixing until you get a smooth batter.
6. In a big pot place a wire stand, then place a smaller parchment paper-lined pot and pour in the cake batter.
7. Let the cake cook for one hour on low medium heat.
8. Release the warm cake from the pot and remove the parchment paper, you’ll get a spongy and moist chocolate cake.
9. When the cake is still warm make a simple chocolate ganache by melting 1oo grams of dark chocolate with a cup of heavy cream and pour it on top of the cake. (optional)
Can I bake this cake in the oven?
Yes, you can bake this cake in a preheated oven at 180c (350f) for 30 minutes.
How long will the chocolate cake last?
This freshly baked chocolate cake will last up to one week in the fridge. Cover the cake with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out. This cake tastes amazing the day after.
Can I freeze the chocolate cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake after it cooled completely in an airtight freezer-friendly container up to 3 months, some people find the cake taste better after freezing it.
our tip is not to freeze it decorated or covered with frosting, because it can ruin the decorating on the cake, we suggest freezing the cake layer/ layers and decorate it when you defrost it.
If you’re not looking to impress anyone with your decorating skills, it’s absolutely okay to freeze the cake with the frosting on.
How to serve chocolate cake?
Serve this chocolate cake with ice cream on the side with some chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
If you don’t want to use ice cream, serve it with fresh fruit on top.
What flour do you use for this cake?
We use all-purpose flour for this cake,
Can I use normal cocoa powder?
We like to use Dutch prosses cocoa powder, because it gives the cake a deeper rich chocolate taste, and cocoa powder will work! It’s just a personal preference.
Can I use my favorite frosting on this cake?
Yes! You can use any kind of your favorite frosting on this cake, this cake is very versatile so you can turn it into whatever you want! You can use chocolate frosting, vanilla frosting, caramel frosting, etc.