This carrot bundt cake is made with a soft and moist spiced carrot cake, topped with cream cheese glaze and chopped pecans!
This cake is moist and tender and is perfect for carrot cake lovers! It is perfectly sweetened and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. You can add your favorite carrot cake add-ins like raisins, nuts, etc.
Why this recipe works
- This cake has a rich taste of the spiced and cream cheese topping!
- It is moist and tender and will melt in your mouth.
- This cake is made with super simple ingredients and comes together in just one bowl!
- This cake is truly a classic and is perfect for any event, party, or holiday!
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Full measurements are in the recipe card below.
Carrots- use fresh carrots for this recipe! Not canned carrots and not pre-shredded carrots, to get the moist cake use fresh carrots and grate them yourself.
Vegetable oil – we used vegetable oil for this recipe. canola oil will work great for this recipe.
Baking soda and baking powder– to allow the cake to rise. Ensure that you leveners are not expired.
Brown sugar- we like using brown sugar for this recipe, the brown sugar adds extra flavor and tastes amazing with fall spices.
Granulated sugar– we like to use granulated sugar, also the most common sugar used in baking. Caster sugar will work great as well.
Eggs– To give the cake a good structure. Make sure you’re using room-temperature eggs.
Sour cream or greek yogurt- you can use either greek yogurt or sour cream. Get your sour cream to room temperature. Any percent of fat will work for this recipe.
Vanilla extract– Vanilla extract Is an essential ingredient for baking.
Cinnamon- use ground cinnamon for this recipe, the cinnamon adds so much flavor so don’t skip it.
Nutmeg- use dried ground nutmeg or freshly grated nutmeg.
Flour– we used all-purpose flour for this recipe, self-rising flour, and cake flour will work great as well.
Salt– We used kosher salt for this recipe. Salt doesn’t give the cake a salty taste.
For the cream cheese glaze
Butter- make sure you are using room temperate butter.
Cream cheese- make sure that you are using whole-fat cream cheese that is at room temperature. We highly recommend using the famous Philadelphia cream cheese.
Powder sugar- is known as confessional sugar. For a smoother buttercream, sift it before adding it to the butter.
Pinch of salt- to balance the sweetness.
Preheat the oven to 180c (350f). Butter the bundt cake pan with room-temperature butter and flour to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
Into a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, yogurt (or sour cream), sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vegetable oil, kosher salt, vanilla extract, and mix with a whisk until well combined.
Add the grated carrots and mix with a whisk until well combined.
Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
Pour the batter to the prepared cake pan and bake in a 180c (350f) oven for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before flipping the cake. Top the pan with a plate, flip the cake and tap the cake pan to release the cake from the pan.
In a medium-sized bowl, add the softened cream cheese, softened butter, powder sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix with a spoon or a tiny whisk until creamy and smooth.
Top the cake with the glaze and let it sit for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs, cream cheese, and butter. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven.
- Measure your flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a measuring cup. Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your measuring cup. Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
- Use high-fat cream cheese or the well-known Philadelphia cream cheese.
- For a smooth and creamy cream cheese glaze, make sure that you are using room-temperature ingredients. Before you begin to make this glaze, make sure that your cream cheese and butter are completely soft.
- Don’t overmix the batter, you don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have a moist cake and not a dense and dry cake.
- Prepare you bundt cake pan with softened butter and flour.
- Be patient! I know it’s extremely tempting to frost this cake as soon as it's ready. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before frosting the cake. This step prevents the frosting to melt.
If you prepare the bundt cake pan properly with softened butter and flour, the cake will easily release from the pan after 30 minutes of cooling in the pan. I flip it on a large plate.
Some carrot cakes use oil instead of butter because it keeps the cake moist for longer.
It is very easy to keep a bundt cake moist. Simply, store it in an airtight container or cover it with a few layers of plastic wrap. These steps keep the cake from drying out.
It’s okay to store this cake at room temperature in an airtight container for 2 days (if it's not crazy hot and humid). Then, store it in the fridge in an airtight container for two more days.
This cake is very easy to freeze. After baking, let the cake cool to room temperature, transfer it into a freezer-friendly Ziploc bag, or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw: place the cake in the refrigerator overnight or place it a room temperature for a few hours.
Dairy-free - If you are dairy-free, replace the butter with vegan butter or plant-based butter. Do not use margarine. It will change the flavor of this cake and leave a weird taste. Also, use your favorite cream cheese icing for this.
Add in- add your favorite carrot cake add ins like raisins, crushed pineapple, coconuts, etc.
Spices- add your favorite spices for cinnamon-spiced desserts! Like nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin spice, ginger, etc.
Nuts- add your favorite nuts to the cake batter. We love adding chopped pecans and walnuts.
More bundt cake recipes
Lemonade bundt cake- This lemonade bundt cake is made with fresh lemon juice and lemon zest and topped with a lemon glaze. This cake and bright and will light up your day!
Peach cobbler pound cake- This peach cobbler pound cake is extra soft and moist, is made with all the flavors that peach cobbler has. It has a buttery cinnamon peach topping, and is made with peach puree inside the cake batter!
Cinnamon bundt cake- This cinnamon bundt cake is moist, buttery, and has a tender crumb. It is made with a cinnamon swirl and topped with a velvety cream cheese frosting.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
Carrot Bundt Cake W/ Cream Cheese Glzaze
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ⅓ cup Yogurt
- 2 ½ cups Carrots grated
- 2 ⅔ cups Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoon Baking soda
Cream cheese Glaze
- 100 g Cream cheese
- 30 g Butter
- ¾ cup Powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c (350f). Butter the bundt cake pan with room-temperature butter and flour to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, yogurt (or sour cream), sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vegetable oil, kosher salt, vanilla extract, and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the grated carrots and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter to the prepared cake pan and bake in a 180c (350f) oven for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before flipping the cake. Top the pan with a plate, flip the cake and tap the cake pan to release the cake from the pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the softened cream cheese, softened butter, powder sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix with a spoon or a tiny whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Top the cake with the glaze and let it sit for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply