This easy and delicious baked feta pasta is made with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and spices.
This pasta is incredibly delicious and easy to make. This dish went viral in Finland, and because of this recipe, the grocery stores in Finland ran out of feta cheese.
We wanted to see if this dish really does worth the hype, and it does!
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Full measurements are in the recipe card below.
Feta cheese- use a block of feta cheese. use your favorite brand of feta cheese.
Cherry tomatoes- use the best quality cherry tomatoes that you can find. Cherry grape tomatoes are extra flavorful, also cherry Roma tomatoes are very flavorful.
Cooked pasta- we used shell pasta in this recipe, but you can use any kind of pasta that you’d like.
Salt- we like to use kosher salt for this recipe.
Black pepper- for flavor.
Fresh basil- adding fresh basil makes this dish extra flavorful and gives it a fresh aroma.
Garlic- you will need about 3 garlic cloves for this recipe. we use fresh garlic and grate it by hand. We do not recommend using store-bought pre-grated garlic, because it usually has less flavor.
Preheat the oven to 200c (400f). Add the cherry tomatoes to a baking dish.
Toss the cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and oregano.
Add a block of feta cheese in the middle of the dish and place all the cherry tomatoes around it.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of the block of feta cheese and sprinkle it with more oregano.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until the tomatoes are cooked through and the block of feta cheese is softened.
Cook the pasta with a tablespoon of kosher salt.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and mash the feta block with a fork, then mix it with the tomatoes until a creamy sauce forms.
Add the cooked pasta and fresh basil, and mix well. Serve hot as a dinner or lunch and enjoy!
- Make the pasta in salted water. this will make sure that the pasta flavor isn't flat. add a generous amount of salt to the boiling water.
- Cook the pasta to al dente. to stop the pasta from turning soggy from the juices, cook the pasta al dente. this step will keep your pasta dish fresh and delicious.
- Rinse the pasta with cold water when it's ready! This step ensures that the pasta will remain al dente and won't continue to cook.
- Use fresh ingredients! this pasta bake is the perfect vegetarian dish for any occasion!
This can be solved easily when cooking the pasta, save some pasta water, and add it if needed.
A block of feta cheese is the ultimate way to make this recipe, although, crumbled feta cheese can work as well. Keep an eye on it when it's in the oven, crumbled feta cheese burns faster.
We made this pasta dish with shell pasta, but any kind of pasta suppose to work great for this recipe. Try to use short pasta for the best results.
This pasta dish will last for 3-5 days in the fridge, stored in an airtight container.
Serve this pasta dish at a picnic, barbecue, or party. This recipe fits any type of occasion. Serve this pasta dish next to your favorite protein, next to a grilled chicken, hamburger, tofu, etc.
Serve it by itself! This baked feta pasta is filled with fresh vegetables, carbs from the pasta, and healthy fats from olive oil. This recipe makes a perfect brunch, lunch, or dinner!
Whole grain- You can use any kind of your favorite pasta kinds and pasta shapes, like chickpea pasta, brown rice pasta, spinach pasta, quinoa pasta, etc.
Vegan- Yes. It is very easy to make this recipe vegan, simply replace the feta cheese with vegan feta cheese.
Pasta kinds- You can use any kind of your favorite pasta kinds and pasta shapes, like chickpea pasta, brown rice pasta, spinach pasta, quinoa pasta, etc.
More pasta recipes
Tuna pasta bake- This tuna pasta bake is made creamy, flavorful, and delicious. It is made with canned tuna, mozzarella cheese, and simple ingredients.
Pink sauce pasta- This pink sauce pasta is made with a blend of tomatoes and creamy cream sauce, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, garlic, and delicious spices.
Chickpea pasta salad- This chickpea pasta salad is made with pasta, cucumber, pepper, tomatoes, chickpeas, and feta cheese. We topped this salad with our favorite greek salad dressing.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
Tiktok Baked Feta Pasta Recipe
- 400 g Pasta
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 500 g Cherry tomatoes
- 200 g Feta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 cup Fresh basil
- 5 Garlic cloves
- preheat an oven to 200c (400f).
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a baking dish.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and oregano.
- Add a block of feta cheese in the middle of the dish and place all the cherry tomatoes around it.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of the block of feta cheese and sprinkle it with more oregano.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until the tomatoes are cooked through and the block of feta cheese is softened.
- Cook the pasta with a tablespoon of kosher salt.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and mash the feta block with a fork, then mix it with the tomatoes until a creamy sauce forms.
- Add the cooked pasta and fresh basil, mix well.
- Serve hot as a dinner or lunch and enjoy!