These cupcakes are inspired by our favorite moist honey cake recipe which we love and make very often.
Why this recipe works
- They are made with simple ingredients.
- Stay moist for 2-3 days!
- Topped with a light whipped cream!
- Is really easy to make and takes little time!
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Eggs- you will need 1 large egg for this recipe. Make sure that your egg is at room temperature.
Flour– we used all-purpose flour for this recipe. cake flour will work great as well.
Granulated sugar– we like to use granulated sugar, also the most common sugar used in baking. Caster sugar will work great as well.
Vanilla extract- adds extra flavor.
Tea- make a strong tea and cool it lightly. we used black tea for this recipe.
For the whipped cream:
Heavy whipping cream- use cold heavy whipping cream.
Vanilla extract- for extra flavor.
Step 1: Preheat an oven to 180c (350f) and prepare cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
Step 4: Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture and carefully mix until just combined. (don't overmix!)
Step 5: Divide the batter into the cupcake tins and bake in a 180c (350f) preheated oven for about 18-23 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick is inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool to room temperature and remove them from the pans.
Step 6: Drizzle honey on top of the cupcakes right when it comes out of the oven. Smooth it out with a spoon.
Make the whipped cream:
For decoration, we top these cupcakes with freshly made whipped cream and a drizzle of honey.
- Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs and butter. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven.
- Measure your flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a measuring cup. Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your measuring cup. Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
- Don’t overmix the batter, you don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have a moist cake and not a dense and dry cake.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper! This step helps the cake to bake evenly, and it makes sure that your loaf cake will release easily from the pan.
- Be patient! I know it’s extremely tempting to frost these cupcakes as they are pulled out of the oven, but let the cupcakes cool for at least 1 hour so they will be more firm and won’t crumble up, and prevent the frosting from melting.
- Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the baking process will go smoothly and easily.
The flavor of this honey cake is sweet, tender, moist, full of cinnamon flavor, and delicious.
Yes! It's popular to mix and sprinkle nuts in these cupcakes, add chopped walnuts to the batter of the cupcake, or top the cake with sliced almonds.
Check the middle of the loaf by inserting a toothpick into the loaf. When the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. If not, bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Frosting- you can replace the whipped cream frosting and use your favorite frosting for these! We love cream cheese frosting, maple frosting, honey frosting, etc.
Spices- you can add your favorite warm fall-themed spices for these cupcakes like nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin spice, etc.
These cupcakes are very easy to freeze. After baking, let the cake cool to room temperature, transfer it into a freezer-friendly Ziploc bag, or wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap.
Freeze up to 3 months. To thaw: place the cupcake in the refrigerator overnight or place it at room temperature for a few hours.
Mixing bowls- best glass mixing bowls.
Whisk set- our favorite copper whisk set.
Cupcakes tins- our favorite Wilton cupcake tins.
Open star piping tip- our favorite Wilton piping tip for cupcake decoration.
More cupcake recipes:
Strawberry filled cupcakes- These strawberry filled cupcakes are made with vanilla fresh strawberry cupcakes, filled with chopped ripe strawberries, and topped with strawberry buttercream frosting.
Red velvet cupcakes- These red velvet cupcakes are fluffy, light, moist, and topped with cream cheese frosting.
Carrot cake cupakes- These carrot cake cupcakes are made with grated carrots, brown sugar, fall spices, topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting.
Easy chocolate cupcakes- This is the most amazing chocolate cupcake recipe. These chocolate cupcakes are moist, fluffy, full of rich chocolate flavor, and come together in one bowl.
If you tried this cupcake recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this cake recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
- 1 ¼ cups Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Tea
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Powder sugar
- Preheat an oven to 180c (350f) and prepare cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix with a whisk until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, honey, and mix well with a whisk. Add the hot tea into the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture and carefully mix until just combined. (don't overmix!)
- Divide the batter into the cupcake tins and bake in a 180c (350f) preheated oven for about 18-23 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick is inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool to room temperature and remove them from the pans.
- Drizzle honey on top of the cupcakes right when it comes out of the oven. Smooth it out with a spoon.
Make the whipped cream:
- Into a big mixing bowl, add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and powder sugar. Mix with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- For decoration, we top these cupcakes with freshly made whipped cream and a drizzle of honey.