These chocolate truffles are made with only 4 ingredients, are rich in chocolate flavor, and can be covered in many different toppings like coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, holiday sprinkles, melted chocolate, and much more!
These homemade chocolate truffles cant be easier to make, these are one of my favorite treats to make. They look super fancy but they take only 3 ingredients to make and little effort!
Why this recipe works
- Extremely easy to make.
- Made with a few simple ingredients.
- Perfect to make when you need a simple dessert to impress.
- The perfect dessert for Christmas or for any occasion.
- A no-bake dessert that tastes amazing.
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Full measurements are in the recipe card below.
Dark chocolate- use your favorite kind of dark chocolate. we recommend using the highest quality dark chocolate that you can afford.
Heavy cream- you will need ½ cup of full-fat heavy cream for this recipe. Don’t replace the heavy cream with milk or half and half.
Vanilla extract- adds extra flavor.
Kosher salt- you will need about 1 pinch of kosher salt for this recipe.
Toppings- for toppings, we used cocoa powder, finely shredded coconut, and chopped nuts. We used hazelnuts for the chopped nuts.
Into a medium mixing bowl, add the chocolate, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt, and melt it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Mix with a spoon until the mixture is smooth and silky and place it in the fridge to firm up for at least 5 hours.
Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out the truffles (or about 1 tbsp). Roll them into balls using your hands, dip them in coconut, cocoa powder, and chopped nuts, and place them onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Place the truffles in the fridge before serving so they won't melt and enjoy!
- Add some of your favorite add-ins! Make this recipe your own and add your favorite muffins add-ins: chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, chocolate chunks, M&M, caramel sauce, white chocolate, kinder, toffee, and more! Be creative!
- Make sure you line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the truffles to stick to the pan.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the balls, that way you will have even-sized balls, plus it ensures that your balls cool evenly.
- Keep the truffles chilled in the fridge before serving. if you place the truffles at room temperature, the chocolate may melt.
These will last up to 5 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yes! place the truffles in the freezer for about 30 minutes, and take them out of the freezer. Melt the chocolate and mix it until it’s smooth and silky without any lumps. Place each truffle on a fork or a spoon and gently dip it into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to drizzle more chocolate on top.
There are a few ways to melt chocolate. We like to use the microwave. If you will use the microwave, you will have to be careful that the chocolate won’t burn. Before I knew how to melt chocolate in the microwave, I burned it a few times and I didn’t understand what happened.
Simply microwave your chocolate or candy melts in small bursts. Really small bursts 10-20 seconds each time. Stir the chocolate in between every burst until the chocolate is nice and melted.
These will last up to 5 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Cover the chocolate truffles with plastic wrap or foil to prevent them from drying out.
Yes! to freeze these, you will need to wrap them in plastic wrap or foil, sealed in an airtight container or in an airtight resealable bag. You can freeze oreo balls for up to 2 months.
Dairy-free- to make this recipe dairy-free, replace the heavy cream, with vegan heavy cream or coconut cream!
Toppings- top these balls with chopped nuts, your favorite sprinkles, cocoa powder, oreo crumbs, cinnamon sugar, coconuts flakes, mini chocolate chips, and much more!
- Mixing bowl (set of 3)
- Baking sheet and rack set (our fave)
- Cookies scoop set of 3 (the best cookie scoop we used)
More chocolate recipes:
Small chocolate cake- This small chocolate cake is perfect when you're craving a chocolate cake but don't want to make a big chocolate cake. We made this chocolate cake in an 8x8 inch baking pan.
Triple chocolate brownie mousse cake- This triple chocolate brownie mousse cake is made with a brownie bottom, topped with a creamy eggless chocolate mousse, and topped with silky chocolate ganache.
Double chocolate banana bread- This double chocolate banana bread is filled and topped with chocolate chips, extra moist, and melt in your mouth delicious.
Best ever chocolate cake- This decadent chocolate cake is made by making two simple cake layers with the easiest and most chocolaty chocolate frosting. This chocolate cake is a moist, fluffy, and rich chocolate cake that is not too sweet.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
Homemade Chocolate Truffles (cocoa dusted)
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 230 g Dark chocolate
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Into a medium mixing bowl, add the chocolate, heavy cream, vanilla extract, salt, and melt it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Mix with a spoon until the mixture is smooth and silky and place it in the fridge to firm up for at least 5 hours.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out the truffles (or about 1 tbsp). Roll them into balls using your hands, dip them in coconut, cocoa powder, and chopped nuts, and place them onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place the truffles in the fridge before serving so they won’t melt and enjoy!
Leave a Reply