These fudgy oreo brownies are loaded with oreo pieces and chocolate chunks, have a crinkly top, taste a million times better than boxed brownies, and take under an hour to make.
These fudgy oreo brownies are inspired by our favorite fudgy brownies recipe. These brownies are fudgy, rich in chocolate flavor, have a crinkly top, and are gooey on the inside.
Why this recipe works
- Ease- these brownies come together in one bowl! All you will need is a bowl and a whisk.
- Simple- they are made with simple ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store.
- Time- these brownies can be made in under an hour from start to finish which is great for a quick dessert for an event or birthday.
- Oreos- these brownies are perfect for chocolate and oreo lovers! They are loaded with Oreos in the brownie batter and are topped with more Oreos!
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Full measurements are in the recipe card below.
Flour– we used all-purpose flour for this recipe, self-rising flour, and cake flour will work great as well.
Dutch cocoa powder– we like to use Dutch-process cocoa powder for our brownies because we like the deep and rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work great as well!
Granulated sugar– we like to use granulated sugar, also the most common sugar used in baking. Caster sugar will work great as well.
Eggs– To give the brownies a good structure. Make sure you’re using room-temperature eggs. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven. You will need 3 large eggs.
Salt– We used kosher salt for this recipe. Salt doesn’t give the brownies a salty taste, it helps to enhance the chocolate flavor.
Butter- use refrigerated unsalted butter. If you are using salted butter, make sure that you skip the salt in this recipe. We like using unsalted butter to have control over the salt in recipes.
Oreo cookies- we used oreo cookies for this cake because we like the chocolaty taste of Oreo cookies, but you can use any kind of chocolate sandwich cookies. use the regular oreo for this recipe and not the double-stuffed ones.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
Sift the dry ingredients into the mixture and lightly fold the dry ingredients into the wet batter.
Tips: Don’t overmix! You don’t want to develop gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have fudgy and moist brownies and not dense and dry brownies.
Chop the dark chocolate into small to medium chunks and break oreo cookies into medium-sized pieces with your hands. Add the chocolate chunks and oreo chunks into the brownie batter and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined baking pan and top the brownies with more oreo chunks. Bake in a 180c (350f) preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the tops of the brownies are crinkly.
Tips: Ensure you line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan.
Let the brownies cool to room temperature and enjoy!
- Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs and milk. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly.
- Don’t overmix the batter, you don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have fudgy and moist brownies and not dense and dry brownies.
- Measure your flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a measuring cup. Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your measuring cup. Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
- Be patient! I know it’s extremely tempting to eat these brownies as they are pulled out of the oven, but let these brownies cool for at least 20 minutes so they will be firmer and won’t crumble up. These brownies are extra moist, fudgy, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, so it will be worth it to wait these 20 minutes.
- Don’t overbake your brownies! to have super fudgy brownies, we like to underbake the brownies a little bit.
- Ensure you line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan.
We use all-purpose flour for brownies, cake flour will work great as well.
We like to use Dutch prosses cocoa powder because it gives the cake a deeper rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work! It’s just a personal preference.
These will last for up to 3 days stored at room temperature or for up to 5 days stored in the fridge.
Yes! If you do not want to make brownies from scratch, you can make this recipe with brownie mix. Follow the instructions written on the brownie mix box and follow the rest of the instructions as written.
It’s okay to store these brownies at room temperature. Cover them with plastic wrap or foil to prevent them from drying out.
To freeze brownies, you will need to wrap the brownies in plastic wrap or foil and seal them in an airtight container or in an airtight resealable bag. You can freeze brownies for up to 2 months.
Dairy-free- to make this dairy-free, replace the butter with vegan butter, and make sure that you are using dairy-free dark chocolate.
Add in ideas- If you want to spice up your brownies, there are many ways to do so. here are a few add-in ideas for brownies: nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, salted caramel, chopped peanut butter cups, toffee bits, white chocolate, coconut, m&ms.
Vanilla Oreos- replace the classic chocolate Oreo cookies with vanilla ones for a vanilla lover!
Our favorite way to serve brownies is with a cold cup of milk. another way we like to serve brownies is with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and powdered sugar on top.
Another way to serve brownies is next to fresh fruit with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Mixing bowl (set of 3)
- Whisk Set (pack of 3) to whisk the ingredients together
- Brownie pan
- Oreos (pack of 3)
More chocolate recipes you may like:
Fudgy brownies- This is the only fudgy brownies recipe that you will need. I’ve tested so many brownies recipes, and this is the best one so far, you will not be disappointed.
Dairy-free brownies- This dairy-free brownies recipe is fudgy and has a dreamy crinkly top that makes the perfect brownie! It's made with both dark chocolate and cocoa powder to give these a rich chocolate flavor.
Triple chocolate cake- This triple chocolate cake is made with three layers of a moist chocolate cake, frosted with decadent chocolate buttercream, topped with chocolate ganache drip, and chocolate whipped cream.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
Fudgy Oreo Brownies (One Bowl)
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the mixture and lightly fold the dry ingredients into the wet batter.
- Tips: Don’t overmix! You don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have fudgy and moist brownies and not dense and dry brownies.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined baking pan and top the brownies with more oreo chunks. Bake in a 180c (350f) preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the tops of the brownies are crinkly.
- Tips: Ensure you line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan.
- Let the brownies cool to room temperature and enjoy!