This homemade home fries recipe is not a basic home fries dish, these home fries are baked in the oven and thrown in a delicious chili and butter sauce. This recipe is decadent, irresistible, and satisfying.
It's hard to find a good home fries recipe, but don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. These are really easy to make, made with basic ingredients, and served as a side dish next to your favorite protein
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Full measurements are in the recipe card below.
Potatoes– for this recipe, we like to use Yukon Gold potatoes, russet potatoes, or red potatoes, but any potato kind will work great for this recipe!
Sweet chili sauce- use any of your favorite brand of sweet chili sauce, or use a homemade chili sauce.
Chili flakes- add a great chili flavor.
Fresh garlic– fresh garlic gives the best garlicky taste.
Butter- we used unsalted butter for this recipe so we can control the saltiness of the potatoes.
Sesame seeds (optional)- for decoration.
Wash and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
In a small mixing bowl, add the potatoes, olive oil, and salt and mix well.
Place the potatoes onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
for this recipe, we like to use Yukon Gold potatoes or russet potatoes, but any potato kind will work great for this recipe!
The home fries will last up to a week stored in the fridge in an airtight container or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Yes, this recipe will work great with most kinds of potatoes.
If you have leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the microwave until its warm for about 50 seconds.
Let the home fries cool to room temperature, then place them in the freezer and store them in an airtight freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months.
When ready to use, place the home fries in the fridge overnight to defrost, or thaw it at room temperature for a few hours. Reheat in the oven, or in the microwave.
Serve fries next to your favorite protein. Serve home fries as a side dish in a holiday dinner like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Serve it as a side dish at a barbecue.
Vegan- to make this recipe vegan, replace the butter with the vegan butter of your choice.
More potato recipes
Smashed Potatoes- This crispy from the outside and creamy from the inside roasted smashed potatoes become our family's favorite potato side dish ever!
Air fryer potato wedges- These air fryer potato wedges are a healthier version of traditional fried potatoes. They are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
Home Fries With Sweet Chili Sauce
- 4 Large potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Sweet chili sauce:
- 1-2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1.5 tablespoon Silan
- 3 tablespoon Sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Chili flakes
- 40 g Butter
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 200c (400f) and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into small cubes. In a small mixing bowl, add the potatoes, olive oil, and salt and mix well.
- Place the potatoes onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil on a medium-sized pan over medium-low heat, fry the garlic for 1 minute until lightly golden.
- Add the silan, sweet chili sauce, and mix. Add the butter and mix until the butter is fully melted.
- Add the paprika, chili flakes, and mix well. Add the cooked potatoes to the pan and mix gently until the potatoes are covered with the chili sauce.