This 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies recipe is amazing. With only 3 ingredients you get delicious and soft peanut butter cookies.
These cookies have a rich peanut butter flavor that satisfies in the easiest and fastest way.
These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are flourless, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. These are so easy to make and when you taste them you won’t believe these only have 3 ingredients in them.
Watch our video for how to make 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
What you will need for this recipe:
Peanut butter- and peanut butter will work for this recipe, natural, processed, chunky or smooth. The results will be different for each peanut butter kind. We prefer to use smooth store-bought peanut butter.
Brown sugar- we like to use brown sugar for this recipe. Granulated sugar is also popular to use in this recipe and will work great as well.
Egg- you will need 1 egg for this recipe.
How to make 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies:
1. Preheat an oven to 180c (350f) and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl mix the peanut butter, sugar, and egg with a hand mixer or with a spatula.
3. Place the mixture in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Scoop 1-2 tbsp of the batter and roll it to a ball.
5. Place the cookie dough on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
6. Flatten the balls with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
7. Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges becomes lightly golden brown.
8. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
9. Let the cookies cool for at least 30 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Frequently asked questions:
How long to cook peanut butter cookies?
Do not overcook these peanut butter cookies, unless you’re going for a crispy peanut butter cookie. For a crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, bake these cookies for 8-10 minutes. For a crispy cookie, bake for 12-15 minutes.
What these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies taste like?
These cookies have a rich peanut butter flavor, they are crispy on the outside and slightly soft on the inside.
Can I make the 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies vegan?
Yes. Keep in mind that the results will not be the same. Simply replace the egg with a flax egg.
How to store these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies?
Store these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How long will these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies last?
These cookies will last for up to a week stored in an airtight container at room temperature, or in the freezer placed in an airtight freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months.
Can I freeze these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies?
Yes. There are two ways to freeze these cookies, first way is preparing the cookies according to the instructions, before baking, freeze them in an airtight freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months, when ready to bake, place the cookie dough balls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
The second way you can freeze these cookies, is by baking them according to the instructions, let the cookies cool completely, and freeze them in an airtight freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. When ready to use, heat in a preheated oven for 5 minutes, or defrost them overnight in the fridge, and reheat them in the microwave.
Can I add chocolate chips to this recipe?
Yes, these cookies taste great with chocolate chips, add ½ a cup to the batter and bake it according to the instructions.
Can I use another type of nut butter in this recipe?
Yes. Almond butter or cashew butter will work great for this recipe.
Tips to perfect this recipe:
- Don’t overbake these cookies.
- Use smooth store-bought peanut butter.
- Chill for half an hour before eating.
- Add toppings like chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, nuts, or chocolate syrup.
- Add an extra egg for a lighter texture.
- Mix the cookie batter well until it’s fully combined.
- Add less sugar for less sweet cookies.
- Don’t use crunchy peanut butter, it makes the cookie batter too crumbly.
More cookies recipes:
Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies– These Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies are just perfect, crispy from the outside, gooey, and chocolaty from the inside. These cookies are perfect for any occasion, parties, holidays, friends get together, or to just eat them by yourself.
Brownies cookies (coming soon) – These brownies cookies are rich in chocolate flavor, lightly crispy on the outside, and tender and fudgy from the inside. These cookies give you all the most delicious parts of a brownie, its crinkly tops, fudgy middle, and chewy edges.