These healthy peanut butter cups are made with only 5 ingredients, taste like Reese's peanut butter cups, and are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, keto, and low on sugar.
These are super healthy treats that you can snack on when you crave a delicious dessert. These are made with dark chocolate, peanut butter filling that consists of natural peanut butter, almond flour, and maple syrup, and topped with sea salt.
Why this recipe works
- Extremely easy to make.
- Made with only 5 simple ingredients.
- Great to grab from the fridge or freezer when you crave something sweet.
- A no-bake dessert that tastes amazing.
- A healthy dessert that is vegan, keto, low sugar, gluten-free and dairy-free!
To make this recipe, you will need 5 simple ingredients. Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Dark chocolate- use your favorite kind of dark chocolate. we recommend using the highest quality dark chocolate that you can afford.
Peanut butter- use natural peanut butter for this recipe. natural peanut butter is healthy and filled with healthy fats and protein.
Sea salt- topping these is completely optional but we highly recommend it. It gives a pinch of saltiness and balances the sweetness perfectly. you don't have to put a lot.
Step 1: Line a cupcake or muffin tin with paper liners. Melt the dark chocolate using the microwave on a ben marine.
Step 2: Add about 1 tablespoon of the dark chocolate to each liner and spread it on the sides of the liners to create a small wall for the peanut butter filling.
Step 3: Place the cupcake tins into the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
Step 5: Remove the cupcake tins from the freezer and add 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter filling on top of the chocolate.
Step 6: Melt more chocolate and top each peanut butter cup with melted chocolate until it covers the peanut butter filling.
Step 7: Place the tins in the freezer to firm up for about 10 more minutes, remove from the pan, and top with sea salt. Enjoy!
Yes! These are filled with healthy ingredients that are mostly unprocessed like almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and dark chocolate that are good for you!
This is a tasty alternative to the unhealthy processed peanut butter cups that you can find in the stores.
There are a few ways to melt chocolate. We like to use the microwave. If you will use the microwave, you will have to be careful that the chocolate won’t burn. Before I knew how to melt chocolate in the microwave, I burned it a few times and I didn’t understand what happened.
Simply microwave your chocolate in small bursts. Really small bursts 10-20 seconds each time. Stir the chocolate in between every burst until the chocolate is nice and melted.
Yes. If you don’t want to use dark chocolate, you can simply use semisweet chocolate bars. We suggest using the highest quality chocolate that you can find and afford.
Store these in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week or stored in the freezer for up to 3 months stored in a freezer-friendly airtight container.
Yes! to freeze these, place them in a freezer-friendly airtight container for up to 3 months. We like using a ziplock bag to store these in the freezer.
Nut butter- replace the peanut butter with your favorite nut butter like almond butter, cashew butter, pecan butter, etc.
Chocolate- use your favorite chocolate for these! You can use white chocolate, any percent of dark chocolate, semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, etc.
Protein powder- You can add protein powder instead of almond flour to add extra protein in any of your favorite flavors!
More healthy recipes to try:
Peanut butter banana overnight oats- This peanut butter banana overnight oats recipe is truly the best! This overnight oat recipe is full of fiber from the oatmeal and protein from the peanut butter!
Homemade granola- This homemade granola recipe is made with oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, coconut oil, honey, and natural peanut butter. This recipe is quick and easy to make, it’s healthy and delicious.
Greek pasta salad- Greek pasta salad is the perfect side dish for any occasion, make with cooked pasta, fresh veggies, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and homemade Greek salad dressing.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ cups Peanut butter Natural
- 1 ½ tablespoon Almond flour
- 2 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 230 g Dark chocolate
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- Line a cupcake or muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt the dark chocolate using the microwave on a ben marine.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the dark chocolate in each liner and spread it on the sides of the liners to create a small wall for the peanut butter filling.
- Place the cupcake tins into the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Make the peanut butter filling, in a small mixing bowl, add the natural peanut butter, maple syrup, almond flour, and a pinch of salt. Mix until well combined.
- Remove the cupcake tins from the freezer and add 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter filling on top of the chocolate.
- Melt more chocolate and top each peanut butter cup with melted chocolate until it covers the peanut butter filling.
- Place the tins in the freezer to firm up for about 10 more minutes, remove from the pan, and top with sea salt. Enjoy!