These no bake cookies are probably the easiest cookies to make, they are made with the best chocolate and peanut butter combo, and have the most amazing chewy and fudgy texture. These are made in under an hour from start to finish, the only waiting time in this recipe is waiting for them to cool!
No-bake cookies are perfect to make when you don’t want to use the oven and you want a quick dessert. These cookies are made with peanut butter, cocoa powder, quick oats, butter, sugar, and milk. Made quick with simple ingredients, this is the ultimate easy dessert!
If you like chocolate recipes as much as we do, you should check out our favorite chocolate recipes: no-bake chocolate biscuit cake, 3 ingredients chocolate ice cream, chocolate crinkle cookies, best ever chocolate cake, easy chocolate cupcakes, and our chocolate babka.
Watch our video for how to make these no bake cookies:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
No bake cookies ingredients:
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Butter- use unsalted butter for this recipe. Only butter will work for this recipe, no margarine, and no coconut oil. Margarine has a weird taste and can ruin the flavor of these delicious cookies.
Quick processed oats- we suggest using quick oats for this recipe, and not old-fashioned oats. Quick rolled oats are great as well. Quick oats will soften way quicker and will give these cookies a classy fudgy and chewy texture to these no bake cookies.
Dutch cocoa powder– we like to use Dutch-process cocoa powder for our brownies because we like the deep and rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work great as well!
Milk- we like using whole milk for this recipe, but you can use any of your favorite kinds of milk.
Peanut butter- We used regular processed peanut butter for this recipe. The natural peanut butter will not work for this recipe. We like to use the smooth kind, but you can use the crunchy kind if you like.
Granulated sugar– we like to use granulated sugar, also the most common sugar used in baking. Caster sugar will work great as well.
Vanilla extract– Vanilla extract Is an essential ingredient for most desserts.
Salt– We used kosher salt for this recipe. Salt doesn’t give the cookies a salty taste, it helps to enhance the chocolate flavor.
These no bake cookies are:
- Extremely easy to make.
- Requires no oven or mixer.
- Made with the best combination: peanut butter and chocolate!
- Made with simple ingredients.
- Perfect when you need a quick dessert.
- Made in under an hour from start to finish.
- Can be gluten-free and dairy-free if needed.
How to make no bake cookies:
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Start by adding the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and milk into a medium-sized saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
Once the mixture starts to boil (mixture is bubbly), set a timer for exactly 1 minute.
Turn off the heat and add the peanut butter. Mix until well combined. Add the oats and mix well with a wooden spoon until the oats are covered with the chocolate mixture.
Set a timer for 4-5 minutes to let the mixture cool for a bit before scooping out the cookies. Scoop the cookies with an ice cream scooper onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet keeping the cookies 2 inches apart from each other.
Place the cookies in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Tips for this recipe:
- Use quick oats for this recipe, and not old-fashioned oats. Quick rolled oats are great as well. Quick oats will soften way quicker and will give these cookies a classy fudgy and chewy texture to these no bake cookies.
- Set a timer when the mixture is boiling, set a timer for exactly 1 minute, and take it off the heat when the timer is over. Cooking this cookie mixture for too long can make these cookies dry, and if you undercook the cookies will not set properly.
- Use a cookies scoop to scoop out the cookies, that way you will have even-sized cookies.
- Don’t use margarine for this recipe! Only butter will work. Margarine has a weird taste and can ruin the flavor of these delicious cookies.
- Use regular processed peanut butter for this recipe. The natural peanut butter will not work for this recipe. We like to use the smooth kind, but you can use the crunchy kind if you like.
- Have patience! Before scooping out the cookies, let the hot mixture cool for 5 minutes. Waiting for the mixture to cool a bit will make sure that your cookies won’t spread too much.
- Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
- Replace the vanilla extract with almond extract for a different flavor variation.
- Stir the mixture constantly when you cook. Stirring the mixture constantly makes sure that you don’t have unnecessary lumps in the mixture.
- Make these cookies your own by adding your favorite add-ins: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, chopped fruit, shredded coconut. Be creative!
Frequently asked questions:
How to store these no bake cookies?
It’s okay to store these cookies at room temperature. Make sure that you store them in an airtight container.
How long will these no bake cookies last?
These cookies will last for up to 1 week stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
What type of oats should I use for this recipe?
Use quick oats for this recipe, and not old-fashioned oats. Quick rolled oats are great as well. Quick oats will soften way quicker and will give these cookies a classy fudgy and chewy texture to these no-bake cookies.
Why are my cookies dry and crumbly?
If your cookies turn out dry and crumbly, it may be because you overboiled the mixture. It is really important to have patience when making this recipe. It’s important to follow the steps according to the instructions and bring the mixture to a boil slowly on medium heat.
Can I make variations of this recipe?
Yes! If you want to spice up your no bake cookies, add some add-ins:
- Shredded coconut.
- Chopped nuts.
- Chocolate chips.
- Chopped fruit.
- Replace the peanut butter with crunchy peanut butter.
- Replace the vanilla extract with almond extract.
- Replace the granulated sugar with brown sugar.
My cookies didn’t set. What did I do wrong?
If your cookies didn’t set, you probably didn’t boil the mixture for long enough. We recommend setting a timer the second the mixture starts to boil for one whole minute. Then remove from the stove and continue following the rest of the steps.
Can I make these no bake cookies gluten-free?
Yes! Oat is naturally gluten-free, just make sure that the oats that you are using are gluten-free. (Just in case)
Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes! it’s easy to make this recipe dairy-free. Simply replace the whole milk with almond milk or any of your favorite vegan milk. Then replace the butter with vegan butter, and not margarine! margarine has a bad flavor and it can ruin the flavor of these cookies.
Can I use natural cocoa powder for this no bake cookies recipe?
We like to use Dutch prosses cocoa powder because it gives the cookies a deeper rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work! It’s just a personal preference.
Can I freeze these no bake cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these no bake cookies after they cooled completely in an airtight freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months.
More chocolate recipes you may like:
Chocolate cake- This is the best ever chocolate cake ever. I’ve been searching for the best one bowl chocolate cake recipe for so long and found it and can’t wait to share it with you!
Chocolate cupcakes- These chocolate cupcakes are moist, fluffy, full of rich chocolate flavor, and come together in one bowl. These chocolate cupcakes taste amazing with our chocolate cream cheese frosting and our chocolate buttercream frosting.
Chocolate babka- This recipe is made by making a decedent brioche-like bread and filling it with rich chocolate filling made with dark chocolate, butter, powder sugar, and cocoa powder, topped with a simple sugar syrup that brings all the flavors together.
Chocolate crinkle cookies- Chocolate crinkle cookies are soft and fudgy chocolate cookies covered with crispy powder sugar outer layer.
If you tried this no bake cookies recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this no bake cookies recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!