These chocolate pancakes are extra fluffy and moist pancakes that are topped with a delicious chocolate ganache on top. These pancakes are every chocolate lover's dream!
If you’re a chocolate lover like we are, you should check out our favorite chocolate recipes like our fudgy brownies, double chocolate muffins, double chocolate banana bread, chocolate cake, and chocolate cupcakes.
Why this recipe works
- This recipe uses simple ingredients that are easy to find in your pantry.
- Easily satisfies your chocolate craving.
- Topped with silky chocolate ganache that makes these pancakes irresistible.
- Made with simple ingredients!
- It doesn’t get easier than this! this recipe can be made by anyone, there is no need for cooking skills.
Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Buttermilk- we make our homemade buttermilk (1 cup of milk plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar).
Flour– we used all-purpose flour for this recipe. cake flour will work great as well.
Dutch cocoa powder– we like to use Dutch-process cocoa powder for our pancakes because we like the deep and rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work great as well!
Vanilla extract- adds extra flavor.
Eggs- you will need 2 large eggs for this recipe. Make sure that your egg is at room temperature.
Granulated sugar– we like to use granulated sugar, also the most common sugar used in baking. Caster sugar will work great as well.
For the chocolate ganache:
Chocolate- use the best quality semisweet or dark chocolate bars for the best flavor. using the best quality dark chocolate is very important in this recipe. The chocolate is what gives this hot chocolate the flavor so it’s very important to use high-quality dark chocolate.
Heavy cream- use full-fat heavy cream for this recipe. the heavy cream makes this french hot chocolate extra creamy and silky.
Melt ½ teaspoon of butter on a skillet or spray with oil spray over medium heat and cook each pancake until bubbles are formed on the top of the pancakes.
Flip the pancake and cook for another minute on medium-low heat. Repeat with the rest of the pancake batter and set aside while you make the chocolate sauce for the pancakes.
Chocolate sauce for pancakes:
Let the chocolate and the cream sit for 10 minutes for the chocolate to melt, then mix until the chocolate ganache is smooth and silky.
Top the pancakes with the hot chocolate ganache and serve warm!
- Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs and butter. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven.
- Don’t overmix the batter, you don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have moist and fluffy pancakes and not dense and dry pancakes.
- Measure your flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a measuring cup. Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your measuring cup. Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
- Sift your flour! sifting your flour is a very important step when baking and making pancakes. Use a fine-mesh sifter to sift out the flour. also, recommend sifting your cocoa powder. Cocoa powder tends to have big lumps, so we always sift the cocoa powder to make sure that there won’t be any cocoa lumps in the mixture.
- Make sure that you are using fresh ingredients! One of the most common mistakes in baking and making cookies is not noticing that your baking powder or baking soda is expired. This can ruin your pancakes and waste your time and money on the ingredients.
- Before you start to make this recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
- Use the best quality semisweet or dark chocolate bars for the best flavor. using the best quality dark chocolate is very important in this recipe. The chocolate is what gives these pancakes their flavor so it’s very important to use high-quality dark chocolate.
These pancakes will last for up to 3 days stored in the fridge in an airtight container. We suggest making these pancakes the day you eat them, they taste the best fresh.
Yes! You can use any type of your favorite milk in this recipe! Like whole milk, oat milk, almond milk, nut milk soy milk, rice milk, etc.
Yes! Pancakes taste great with chopped toasted walnuts or pecans. You can add any of your favorite add-ins.
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or for up to 3 days in the fridge.
These pancakes freeze great although we prefer and suggest eating these pancakes fresh. If you want to freeze these pancakes, place them in an airtight container for up to a month in the fridge.
To preheat, place the pancakes in a preheated oven for 150c (300f) until the pancakes are heated well.
These pancakes are amazing while fresh and hot, but if you want to reheat these pancakes the day after, simply preheat an oven to 150c (300f) and heat them for 5-7 minutes.
Another way to reheat these pancakes is by reheating them in the air fryer for a few minutes at 150c (300f).
Another way to reheat pancakes is by toasting them in the toaster oven, just like you would do with bread.
Add-ins- add your favorite pancake add-ins like chocolate chips, dried fruit, nutmeg, chopped fruit, lemon zest, orange zest, etc.
Spread- add peanut butter or Nutella, or any of your favorite spreads that go well with chocolate, and swirl it into each pancake with a toothpick.
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate ganache
- Fresh berries
- Lemon curd
- Chocolate chips
- Sliced banana
- Whipped cream
- Powder sugar
We love serving these pancakes with lots of homemade chocolate ganache. This chocolate ganache is made with 2 simple ingredients, chocolate, and heavy cream.
More chocolate recipes:
Best ever chocolate muffins- This is the most amazing chocolate cupcake recipe. These chocolate cupcakes are moist, fluffy, full of rich chocolate flavor, and come together in one bowl.
Best fudgy brownies- These fudgy brownies are made from scratch brownies are loaded with chocolate chunks, and take under an hour to make.
Chewy double chocolate cookies- These double chocolate cookies are chewy, soft, have slightly soft edges, and are loaded with chocolate flavor and chocolate chips!
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
Easy Chocolate Pancakes
For the chocolate ganache:
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- 100 g Heavy cream
- Melt ½ teaspoon of butter on a skillet or spray with oil spray over medium heat and cook each pancake until bubbles are formed on the top of the pancakes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another minute on medium-low heat.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake batter and set aside while you make the chocolate sauce for the pancakes.
- Let the chocolate and the cream sit for 10 minutes for the chocolate to melt, then mix until the chocolate ganache is smooth and silky.
- Top the chocolate pancakes with the hot chocolate ganache and serve warm!