This no bake chocolate biscuit cake is one of the easiest no-bake recipes, takes only 20 minutes from start to finish, and it tastes incredible! This recipe doesn’t require an oven, but still tastes amazing!
This recipe is definitely a family favorite. When we make this cake, it disappears in under a day. This cake is made with the simplest ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. We can’t wait for you to try it!
Watch our video for how to make chocolate biscuit cake:
If you enjoyed this video version of this recipe, please subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
What you will need for this recipe:
- Tea biscuit
- Dutch cocoa powder
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
- Dark chocolate
How to make chocolate biscuit cake:
1. Start out with making the chocolate syrup: In a small pan mix together granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and water on low to medium heat.
2. Mix the mixture with a whisk until it’s fully melted. Add the vanilla extract and mix for another minute. When the mixture is completely smooth, set the mixture aside to cool for 15 minutes.
3. Break the biscuit into small pieces with your hands or with a food processor.
4. Pour the chocolate sauce into the bowl with the biscuits.
5. Mix well with a wooden spoon until all the biscuit pieces are well coated.
6. Add the mixture into a parchment paper-lined cake pan and press down the mixture with a spoon. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Make the chocolate ganache: In a small mixing bowl, pour the heavy cream, and the dark chocolate. Microwave it for 1-2 minutes and let it sit for 10 minutes before mixing.
8. Mix the chocolate ganache well until smooth.
9. Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the biscuit cake and smooth the top with a spoon.
10. Cover with plastic wrap and place the biscuit cake in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
11. Toast walnut in a pan and chop with a sharp knife.
12. Top the cake with the toasted walnuts. Serve next to a coffee or tea, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions:
How long will the biscuit chocolate cake last?
This biscuit chocolate cake will last up to one week in the fridge. Cover the cake with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out. This cake tastes amazing the day after.
How to serve biscuit chocolate cake?
Serve this biscuit chocolate cake with ice cream on the side with some chocolate syrup and whipped cream. If you don’t want to use ice cream, serve it with fresh fruit on top.
Can I use regular cocoa powder?
We like to use Dutch prosses cocoa powder, because it gives the cake a deeper rich chocolate taste, and cocoa powder will work! It’s just a personal preference.
Can I use my favorite frosting on this cake?
Yes! You can use any kind of your favorite frosting on this cake, this cake is very versatile so you can turn it into whatever you want! You can use chocolate frosting, vanilla frosting, caramel frosting, etc.
Can I freeze the biscuit chocolate cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake after it in an airtight freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months, some people find the cake tastes better after freezing it.
our tip is not to freeze it decorated or covered with frosting, because it can ruin the decorating on the cake, we suggest freezing the cake and decorate it when you defrost it.
If you’re not looking to impress anyone with your decorating skills, it’s absolutely okay to freeze the cake with the frosting on.
When ready to thaw, place the cake at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
More chocolate recipes:
Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe– The best vegan chocolate cake – a quick and easy recipe anyone can make. Really simple, yet very delicious!
No oven chocolate cake– This moist and fluffy chocolate cake is made with no oven, no butter, no milk, no baking pan, and no chocolate!
3 Ingredients Brownies Recipe– Easy 3 ingredients Nutella brownies recipe, the easiest way possible to make brownies, loaded with rich Nutella flavor, takes only 5 minutes to prep.