These sprinkle brownies are made with a fudgy brownie base, topped with silky smooth chocolate ganache, and topped with rainbow sprinkles!
These brownies are rich, fudgy, and chewy! The combination of the chocolate ganache, sprinkles, and the crinkly brownie top creates the most incredible chocolaty bite!
If you like chocolate recipes as we do, you should check out our double chocolate banana bread, chewy and fudgy brownies, best ever chocolate cake, chewy double chocolate cookies, and our easy chocolate cupcakes!
Why this recipe works
- Extremely easy to make.
- Extra chocolaty brownies that stay fresh for days!
- Made with simple ingredients.
- Are topped with plenty of sprinkles for a crunchy and beautiful top!
- Made in under an hour from start to finish.
- The perfect dessert for any occasion.
Before you start to make these brownies with sprinkles recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the baking process will go smoothly and easily.
Full measurements are in the recipe card below.
Flour– we used all-purpose flour for this recipe, self-rising flour, and cake flour will work great as well.
Dutch cocoa powder– we like to use Dutch-process cocoa powder for our brownies because we like the deep and rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work great as well!
Granulated sugar– we like to use granulated sugar, the most common sugar in baking. Caster sugar will work great as well.
Eggs– To give the brownies a good structure. Make sure you’re using room-temperature eggs. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven. You will need 3 large eggs.
Salt– We used kosher salt for this recipe. Salt doesn’t give the brownies a salty taste, it helps to enhance the chocolate flavor.
Butter- use refrigerated unsalted butter.
For the chocolate ganache:
Heavy cream- you will need 100 g of heavy cream for the chocolate ganache.
Sprinkles- you can use your favorite kind of sprinkles for this recipe! We used jimmies rainbow sprinkles!
Pour the chocolate mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
Sift flour into the mixture and lightly fold the dry ingredients into the wet batter. Don't overmix! You don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have moist brownies and not dense and dry brownies.
Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the tops of the brownies are crinkly. Make sure you line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies to stick to the pan.
Make the chocolate ganache
Let the chocolate and the cream sit for 10 minutes for the chocolate to melt, then mix until the chocolate ganache is smooth and silky.
Top the brownies with the chocolate ganache, and let it set in the fridge for about 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then top the brownies with sprinkles, slice, and enjoy!
- Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs and milk. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven.
- Don’t overmix the batter, you don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have moist brownies and not dense and dry brownies.
- Mesure you flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a measuring cup. Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your measuring cup. Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
- Add some of your favorite add-ins! Make this recipe your own and add your favorite muffins add-ins: chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, chocolate chunks, M&M, caramel sauce, white chocolate, kinder, toffee, and more! Be creative!
- Be patient! I know it’s extremely tempting to eat these brownies as they are pulled out of the oven, but let these brownies cool for at least 20 minutes so they will be more firm and won’t crumble up. These brownies are extra moist and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, so it will be worth it to wait these 20 minutes.
- Don’t overbake your brownies! to have super moist brownies, we like to underbake the brownies a little bit.
- Ensure you line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan.
We use all-purpose flour for brownies, self-rising flour, and cake flour will work great as well.
We like to use Dutch prosses cocoa powder because it gives the cake a deeper rich chocolate taste, but the natural cocoa powder will work! It’s just a personal preference.
These will last for up to 3 days stored at room temperature or for up to 5 days stored in the fridge.
It’s okay to store these brownies at room temperature. Cover them with plastic wrap or foil to prevent them from drying out.
To freeze brownies, you will need to wrap the brownies in plastic wrap or foil and seal them in an airtight container or in an airtight resealable bag. You can freeze brownies for up to 2 months.
Dairy-free- to make this dairy-free, replace the butter with vegan butter, and make sure that you are using dairy-free dark chocolate.
Sprinkles- you can use any of your favorite kinds of sprinkles. Also, you can swap the sprinkles with mini m&m's!
Chocolate chips- add chocolate chips to the brownie batter for an extra chocolate flavor!
Brownie mix- you can use a brownie mix to make these brownies, top it with chocolate ganache and sprinkles!
Marshmallows- add mini marshmallows to the brownie batter for extra texture and flavor!
Fruit- add fresh or dried fruit! We like adding strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries!
Oreos- add chopped Oreos for an oreo brownie flavor!
Our favorite way to serve brownies is with a cold cup of milk. another way we like to serve brownies is with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and powder sugar on top.
Another way to serve brownies is next to fresh fruit with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
Add in ideas
If you want to spice up your brownies, there are many ways to do so. here are a few add-in ideas for brownies:
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate
More chocolate recipes:
Small chocolate cake- This small chocolate cake is perfect when you're craving a chocolate cake but don't want to make a big chocolate cake. We made this chocolate cake in an 8x8 inch baking pan.
Double chocolate banana bread- This double chocolate banana bread is filled and topped with chocolate chips, extra moist, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Best ever chocolate cake- This decadent chocolate cake is made by making two simple cake layers with the easiest and most chocolaty chocolate frosting. This chocolate cake is a moist, fluffy, and rich chocolate cake that is not too sweet.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
- 150 g Dark chocolate
- 150 g Butter
- ¾ cups Flour
- ½ cups Cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 100 g Heavy cream
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- ½ cup Sprinkles
- Preheat an oven to 180c (350f) and prep a parchment paper-lined 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the butter and the dark chocolate. Melt completely in the microwave or on a ben Marie. Let the chocolate mixture to cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the sugar, eggs, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir with a whisk until the mixture is combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour into the mixture and lightly fold the dry ingredients into the wet batter. Don’t overmix! You don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have fudgy and moist brownies and not dense and dry brownies.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small to medium chunks. Add the chocolate chunks and oreo chunks into the brownie batter and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined baking pan and top the brownies with more chocolate chunks. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the tops of the brownies are crinkly.
Make the chocolate ganache
- Melt dark chocolate and heavy cream in a small to medium mixing bowl in the microwave for about 50 seconds.
- Let the chocolate and the cream sit for 10 minutes for the chocolate to melt, then mix until the chocolate ganache is smooth and silky.
- Top the brownies with the chocolate ganache, and let it set in the fridge for about 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then top the brownies with sprinkles, slice, and enjoy!