Looking for some Christmas cookie ideas to sweeten up your holiday season? Look no further with this roundup for the best Christmas cookies!
Whether you're hosting a festive gathering or simply want to indulge in some homemade treats, there are countless delicious options to choose from.
From classic sugar cookies decorated with colorful icing and sprinkles to gingerbread men adorned with candy buttons and icing details, the possibilities are endless.
You can also get creative with flavors by adding peppermint extract or crushed candy canes to your cookie dough.
Don't forget about festive shapes like snowflakes, reindeer, and Santa Claus himself! With these Christmas cookie ideas, you'll be spreading joy and cheer through the power of baking.
For more recipe roundups, check out my cupcake recipes, coffee desserts, best cheesecake toppings, easy baking recipes, unique cookie recipes, Rice Krispie Treats Variations, best nutella recipes, best cake recipes, and pistachio desserts.
- 1. Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2. Vanilla Half Moon Cookies
- 3. Chewy Pistachio Cookies
- 4. Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- 5. Lemon Shortbread Cookie
- 6. Sour Cream Cookies With Buttercream Frosting
- 7. Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 8. Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- 9. Strawberry Shortbread Cookies
- 10. Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 11. Homemade Milano Cookies
- 12. Chewy Pumpkin Cookies
- 13. Thumbprint Cookies With Icing
- 14. Italian Wedding Cookies
- 15. Kolachy Cookies
- 16. Almond Snowball cookies
- 17. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 18. Lemon Blueberry Cookies
- 19. Linzer Cookies
- 20. Apple Pie Cookies
- 21. White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 22. Chewy Coffee Cookies
- 23. No Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 24. Turtle Cookies
- 25. Cookies And Cream Cookies
- 26. Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 27. Oatmeal Cream Pies
- 28. Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 29. Snickerdoodle Recipe Without Cream Of Tartar
- 30. Oreo Brownie Cookies
- 31. Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 32. Chewy Monster Cookies
- 33. Brown Butter Pecan Cookies
- 34. Giant Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 35. Biscoff Butter Cookies
- 36. Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 37. Nutella Cookies
- 38. S'mores Cookies
- 39. Brownie Cookies
- 40. Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Brown Sugar
- 41. Lemon Curd Cookies
- 42. Ferrero Rocher Cookies
- 43. Almond Biscotti
- 44. Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 45. No Bake Cookies
- 46. M&M Cookies
- 47. Dulce De Leche Cookies (Alfajores)
- 48. White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 49. Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 50. Twix Cookies
- 51. Kinder Bueno Cookies
- 52. Lemon Cooler Cookies
- 53. Christmas Wreath Cookies
- 54. Butterscotch Cookies
- 55. Christmas Shortbread Bites
- 56. Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 57. Snowflake Gingerbread Cookies
- 58. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 59. Italian Pistachio Cookies
- 60. Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 61. Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 62. White Chocolate Gingerbread Swirl Cookies
- 63. Reindeer Cookies
- 64. Christmas Cowboy Cookies
- 65. Santa’s Christmas Trash Cookies
- 66. Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 67. Almond Spritz Cookies
- 68. Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- 69. Christmas Cookie Bars
- 70. Stained Glass Cookies
- 71. Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 72. Snowflake Cookies
- 73. Melted Snowman Cookies
- 74. Christmas Tree Cookies
- 75. Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies
- 76. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- 77. Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 78. Almond Crescent Cookies
- 79. Gingersnap Cookies
- 80. Old-Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- 81. Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- 82. Candy Cane Cookies
- 83. Christmas Lights Cookies
- 84. Christmas Kiss Cookies
- 85. Ugly Sweater Sugar Cookie Bar Cutouts
- 86. Grinch Cookies
- 📖 Recipe
- 80+ Christmas Cookie Ideas: Chocolate Crinkle Cookies & More
- 💬 Comments
These chewy Oreo chocolate chip cookies are loaded with Oreo chunks and chocolate chips and topped with even more Oreo chunks!
These half moon cookies are pillowy soft cookies with half chocolate half vanilla icing which creates this iconic New York cookie!
These pistachio cookies are made with a chocolate chip cookie base filled with chopped pistachios and chocolate chunks and topped with flakey salt!
These easy one-bowl red velvet cake mix cookies are chewy and fudgy and are loaded with white chocolate chips.
These lemon shortbread cookies are made with a buttery dough filled with both lemon zest and lemon juice, baked and topped with a zesty lemon glaze.
These sour cream cookies are light and fluffy, they are a no-chill cookie recipe, and they are topped with a creamy and delicious buttercream frosting.
These triple chocolate cookies are made with cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks! These are the ultimate cookies for real chocolate lovers.
These chocolate dipped shortbread cookies are crispy, melt in your mouth deliciously, and are dipped in your favorite chocolate! These cookies are made with only 5 ingredients!
These strawberry shortbread cookies are buttery, and full of strawberry flavor and have a texture that will just melt in your mouth.
These lemon crinkle cookies are chewy and soft and are filled with lemon zest and lemon juice for a delicious citrus flavor. They are rolled in sugar and powdered sugar and have a crispy and delicious exterior.
These Milano cookies are made with buttery and tender vanilla cookies and filled with a silky smooth chocolate ganache.
These melt-in-your-mouth thumbprint cookies with icing are soft and buttery, and are filled with easy and simple icing!
Italian wedding cookies are shortbread-like cookies that are tossed in powdered sugar and made with only a few simple ingredients!
15. Kolachy Cookies
These Kolachy cookies are made with a mix of cream cheese and butter dough, filled with your favorite jam, and topped with powdered sugar.
Chocolate crinkle cookies are classic Christmas cookie that tastes like brownies! These chocolate crinkle cookies are soft on the inside and are crunchy on the outside. This cookie fits perfectly for your cookie box!
These chewy lemon blueberry cookies are loaded with white chocolate chips and flavorful blueberries, are chewy in the middle, and crispy on the edges.
19. Linzer Cookies
These Linzer cookies are shortbread cookies sandwiched with jam on the inside. These cookies will be the prettiest cookies on your baking tray, and they are melt in your mouth delicious!
These apple pie cookies are made with a soft cinnamon cookie and filled with apple pie filling. These taste just like apple pie in cookie form! They are perfect for the holidays and fall time.
These delicious coffee cookies are chewy chocolate chip cookies, loaded with chocolate chunks, and espresso powder.
These no butter chocolate chip cookies are the easiest choc chip cookies ever! They are made with oil instead of butter and are so delicious, crispy on the edges, and perfectly chewy in the middle.
24. Turtle Cookies
These turtle cookies are made with fudgy chocolate cookie dough that is filled with chopped pecans, stuffed with caramel, and topped with chocolate drizzle.
These cookies and cream cookies are made with crispy on the outside and soft on the inside cookies with oreo chunks, cookies and cream chocolate, and white chocolate chips.
These chewy peanut butter cookies are made with creamy peanut butter, extra chewy middle, and lots of peanut butter flavor.
These homemade oatmeal cream pies are chewy and soft oatmeal cookies that are sandwiched together with decadent vanilla buttercream. These oatmeal cream pies cookies have a chewy texture with slightly crispy edges that makes these cookies irresistible.
These hot chocolate cookies are made with a delicious chocolate cookie that is topped with marshmallows and chocolate ganache.
Make this snickerdoodle recipe without cream of tartar for a delicious cookie that is rolled in cinnamon sugar, and can be made with simple pantry ingredients you probably have in your kitchen.
These Oreo brownie cookies are made with a delicious and fudgy brownie cookie, filled and topped with Oreo chunks!
These chewy monster cookies are filled with chocolate chips and M&M's, oats, and peanut butter. They are soft on the inside and crispy on the edges and full of peanut butter flavor.
These giant bakery style chocolate chip cookies are large and loaded with chocolate chips! They are gooey in the middle and crunchy on the edges.
These oreo cheesecake cookies are made with cream cheese and lots of Oreos! You will need only 7 ingredients to make this recipe!
37. Nutella Cookies
These Nutella cookies are chocolate cookies that are made with Nutella inside the cookie dough and topped with dollops of melted Nutella.
38. S'mores Cookies
These chewy smores cookies are made with chewy chocolate chip cookie dough, graham crackers chunks, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows, and stuffed with a large marshmallow in the middle of the cookie.
39. Brownie Cookies
These brownie cookies are rich, fudgy, and full of chocolate flavor. These have a crackly top and a fudgy center that tastes just like a brownie!
These chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar are soft and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. If you ever wanted to make chocolate chip cookies but ran out of brown sugar, make these! They are super delish and use simple ingredients.
These lemon curd cookies are made with a shortbread thumbprint cookie and filled with homemade lemon curd.
These Ferrero rocher cookies are made with chewy hazelnut chocolate cookies, filled with chopped hazelnuts, and topped with Nutella. These cookies are unbelievably delicious!
43. Almond Biscotti
These easy almond biscotti are crunchy, full of almond flavor and toasted almonds, lightly sweet, and taste amazing next to a cup of hot coffee or tea!
These pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are chewy and soft with crispy edges, filled with fall spices and pumpkin, and coated with cinnamon sugar. These are the perfect cookies for fall time!
45. No Bake Cookies
These no bake cookies are made with a chocolate and peanut butter combo and have the most amazing chewy and fudgy texture.
46. M&M Cookies
These m&m cookies are chewy, soft, crispy edges, and loaded with chocolate chunks and m&m's. These are the perfect holiday cookies, you can make them big or small.
These dulce de leche cookies are soft shortbread cookies filled with caramel-like dulce de leche, dipped in shredded coconut and powdered sugar. These alfajores cookies are addictive and melt in your mouth delicious.
These white chocolate cranberry cookies are soft, chewy, have crispy edges, and are the perfect cookies for Christmas and the holiday season.
These Christmas sugar cookies are made with a simple sugar cookie dough and topped with a simple and easy glaze. If making sugar cookies and decorating them intimidates you, you will love this foolproof recipe!
50. Twix Cookies
These twix cookies are made with a simple 5 ingredient shortbread cookie, topped with caramel and melted chocolate to create the most amazing cookies! These twix cookies are the beloved twix candy bar in cookie form!
These soft and chewy kinder bueno cookies are made with chocolate chips, kinder chocolate, and kinder bueno. They have a slightly chewy texture on the inside and crispy on the edges.
These lemon cooler cookies are made with fresh lemon zest and lemon juice, making the lemon flavor pop! These are the perfect summer cookies buttery and tossed in powdered sugar.
Add a festive pop of color to your holiday table with a quick and easy recipe for Marshmallow Christmas Wreaths!
These butterscotch cookies are soft and chewy with a delicious brown sugar flavor and tons of butterscotch chips. An easy cookie recipe that's a perfect twist on classic chocolate chip.
These 1-inch square Christmas Shortbread Bites are fun and easy to make. These mini cookies melt in your mouth and will have you coming back for more! You can enjoy them plain or with a light glaze. They're the perfect addition to a plate of Christmas cookies!
Soft, fudgy, and very easy to make, these cookies combine chocolate with crushed peppermint and are perfect for the holidays. They come together quickly and can be baked immediately or the cookie dough can be refrigerated or frozen for several days or weeks.
These gorgeous snowflake gingerbread cookies are soft, chewy, and perfectly spiced! They're definitely the quintessential Christmas treat!
As if classic peanut butter cookies couldn't get any better? They just did! With a little dark chocolate and Christmas-themed candy, these are going to be your new favorite cookie!
These lightly sweet, chewy pistachio cookies have a feint citrusy flavor from a little bit of lemon zest. They are rubbly and irresistible. These cookies are naturally gluten free, dairy free and are quick and easy to make too.
Dark and white chocolate chips and candy canes make these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies such a perfect treat to celebrate the holidays!
These mint chocolate chip cookies are super festive, fudgy and slightly crisp on the edge. They're full of chocolate chips and peppermint bark making them perfect for the holiday season.
These gingerbread swirl cookies are packed with white chocolate buttons and are perfectly chewy and gooey inside, with lots of gingerbread flavor.
63. Reindeer Cookies
The kids are going to love baking a batch of these festive reindeer cookies! A fun take on gingerbread cookies made with all the familiar warm spices and flavors with chocolate pretzels and candy for the face.
These thick and chewy Christmas Cowboy Cookies are the best bakery-style oatmeal cookies ever! Super loaded with peanut butter, oats, salted peanuts, sweetened coconut, white and milk chocolate chips and festive colored m&ms!
Imagine soft, chewy cookies smooshed with loads of mini white and chocolate reese cups, white and chocolate chips, pretzels, potato chips, sea salt and festive sprinkles! Trash never tasted so good!
Every cookie exchange needs these peanut butter blossoms. They are a holiday classic. Made with creamy peanut butter, the dough is rolled in sugar and pressed with a chocolate kiss. The cookies turn out perfectly soft and chewy every time!
Try these melt-in-your-mouth almond spritz cookies this Christmas. Made with a little almond extract, these butter cookies are hard to resist!
If you are searching for easy Shortbread, look no further! My buttery and melt in your mouth soft whipped Shortbread Cookies got you covered.
Packed with red and green M&M's, chocolate chips, and sprinkles, these buttery cookie bars make for a fun and festive Christmas dessert.
With a candy “glass” window cut into a buttery sugar cookie, Stained Glass Cookies are tasty, impressive and perfect for the holidays.
These festive Jam Thumbprint Cookies are an easy way to brighten up your holiday cookie trays. A soft and chewy shortbread base is filled with your favorite jam to create these classic Christmas cookies.
These festive snowflake cookies will put you right in the holiday spirit! Not only are they beautiful but they're buttery and delicious, too! Bring in the holiday season with this simple shortbread recipe and be the talk of your holiday cookie exchange!
Bring these sweet melted snowman cookies with you to a cookie exchange, give them as gifts, or make them with friends and family!
Buttery Christmas sugar cookies with creamy buttercream frosting. These are classic sugar cookies and are perfect for Christmas!
These crisp Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti feature all the holiday flavors you’ve been dreaming of with tangy dried cranberries and incredible pistachios.
These Mexican wedding cookies are so simple and take only 5 ingredients to make! The perfect bite-sized cookie recipe that will literally melt in your mouth.
Almond Crescent Cookies – these traditional Austrian kipferl cookies are one of my favorite holiday cookies and take almost no time to prepare!
79. Gingersnap Cookies
Classic Crispy Gingersnaps are the perfect Christmas cookie! Thin and crunchy with the perfect amount of molasses and spice, this easy homemade recipe takes 30 minutes to make!
These old-fashioned cookies soft and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Iced Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect after school snack with a glass of milk or whenever you want to satisfy your sweet tooth.
These double chocolate Peppermint Mocha cookies are soft and brownie-like, with sprinkles of crushed peppermint over the top. They are easy to make and are a hit at holiday cookie exchanges!
Candy cane cookies use red and white peppermint shortbread cookie dough twisted together to look like candy canes. They will look stunning on your cookie plate this holiday season!
Made with nutty brown butter, double the vanilla, and a little bit of chocolate. These cookies are soft, buttery, and perfectly sweet with the best vanilla flavor.
These easy to make Christmas Kiss Cookies are sure to be a hit! These soft chocolate cookies are covered with sprinkles and topped with a Hershey's Kiss!
Fun, fast and easy, these Ugly Sweater Sugar Cookie Bar Cutouts are soft, thick and chewy and require no rolling or chilling. A perfect holiday baking activity for kiddos.
86. Grinch Cookies
Celebrate the Grinch's small heart growing 3 sizes with this easy Grinch cookie recipe. These green crinkle cookies look just like a Grinch!
For more desserts
Mini cupcakes- These mini cupcakes are bite-sized treats that are perfect for any occasion. This recipe shares mini vanilla cupcakes and mini chocolate cupcakes as well as chocolate buttercream and vanilla buttercream.
No Bake Biscoff Cheesecake- This no bake Biscoff cheesecake is made with biscoff crust, creamy biscoff cheesecake filling, biscoff spread, and biscoff cookie crumbs.
If you tried any of these recipes, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. We love hearing from you.
If you liked this recipe
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Share/pin this recipe to Pinterest.
- Leave a comment down below!
80+ Christmas Cookie Ideas: Chocolate Crinkle Cookies & More
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil or canola oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Espresso powder
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa powder we used dutch processed
- 1 ⅔ cups Flour AP or cake flour
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ⅓ cups Powdered sugar
- ⅓ cups Granulated sugar
- Into a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, vegetable oil, kosher salt, vanilla extract, granulated sugar, and espresso powder, and sift the cocoa powder. Mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder, and mix until the mixture is just combined and there are no lumps of flour visible. Do not overmix!
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the mixture chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (I like letting it chill in the freezer for an hour for a quicker process) The mixture is very sticky so this step is important so you can roll the balls.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies or scoop the cookies with a regular tablespoon, 1 ½ tablespoons at a time.
- Roll into a ball using your clean hands, and then roll each dough ball in granulated sugar and then powdered sugar.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and bake in a 180c (350f) preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies.
- Do not overbake these cookies to ensure that they are fudgy on the inside.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly.
- Don’t overmix the batter, you don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have moist cookies and not dense and dry cookies.
- Measure your flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a . Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your . Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
- Line your sheet pan with or a silicone mat! This step helps the cookies to bake evenly, and it makes sure that your cookies release easily from the pan.
- Use a cookies scoop to scoop out the cookies, that way you will have even-sized cookies, plus it ensures that your cookies bake evenly
- Make sure that you are using fresh ingredients! One of the most common mistakes in baking and making cookies is not noticing that your baking powder is expired. This can ruin your cookies and waste your time and money on the ingredients.
- Chill the dough! This step is crucial and prevents the cookies to spread out too much. After making the cookie dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a clean towel, and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Be patient! I know it’s extremely tempting to eat these cookies as they are pulled out of the oven, but let these cookies cool for at least 15 minutes so they will be more firm and won’t crumble up.
- We suggest letting these cookies cool for 5 minutes and then transferring them to a wire rack to cool for at least 10 more minutes. This step ensures that the bottom of your cookies will not be soggy from the steam.